Performing Arts Musicians?

Hi, just looking to see if we have any other concert pianists, vocalists, guitarists, etc etc!

I'm a Concert Vocalist myself, but I also perform in a Wind Symphony (Tenor Sax and Alto Sax!) and play the piano. Any other performing arts musicians?
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Cello, for high school Orchestra. Im not that great, but hopefully later i can switch to doing gigs on bass
Cello's are so cool though =I no really, after French Horn totally pursuing cello. Then again, I want to be a music teacher, so I have to learn the basics of... everything xD
I like cello, but ive been doing it for 9 years, while ive been playing bass for one and i like rock more than classical. Ill continue cello, but bass is what im into right now
That makes sense ^^
I encourage you to start playing though, cello is cool
It's gorgeous--I always wanted to play a stringed instrument. Hahah, when I got my Alto Sax as a kid, I cried--I was so upset it wasn't a violin xD
I mostly play stringed instruments. Cello, bass guitar, double bass, mandolin
I'm not so much of a musician even though I play violin, piano and bass and I am theatrically trained in vocals, but I work in theatres as a sound designer/engineer and as general crew :)
Pfff four instruments and you're not musical? I disagree!
I have a degree in music. It just so happened I went in the sound design direction :) I still play my instruments when I have to record tracks for shows.
Omgosh that is so cool!! My hope is to get into a symphony that creates music for movies/video games. Unfortunately, no one needs a Tenor Sax in their symphony >_> so I'll be picking up French Horn soon, because everybody needs one of them xD
It's awesome but very hard work! Today's like the first day off I've had in weeks! Back to it tomorrow though. New show and all.

That's awesome! I wish you the best luck!
Well I think that's the best kind of job then ^^ one that challenges you but you love anyways!

Thanks!
I play flute, piccolo, violin, piano, and a few other things hehe. Sing in an a capella group on the side, too. And I do marching band, but it's not in season right now. :c
oh, an A Capella group would be so much fun!
It really is! Do you sing? Are you an alto, soprano, etc..?
Yeah, I'm mostly a voice major ^^ I'm a Soprano, I have no low end (which sucks 8C I wanna sing sexy sultry alto songs!)
I play flute/piccolo and mellophone. :)

In high school I did marching band, wind band, orchestra, and jazz band, I marched drum corps in 2011, and I'm currently involved in my college's marching band, symphonic band, flute ensemble, and basketball pep band. Loads of fun, and I've made a lot of good friends being involved with band stuff!
Oh cool! Your college has a marching band!? My college Performing Arts Center is so separated from the Athletic events that we all got really weirded out when a basketball player joined choir, hahahaha xD. (No seriously, we're on opposite sides of the campus and we have zero interaction with each other--it's unintentional though).

I find it impossible to not make friends when you work in a Performing Arts career field/area of school. We just can't ignore each other when we're standing within four inches of each other xD and laughing about our disgusting spit valves.
Yeah, our marching band is considered an "athletic band," and unlike high school where the football team and the cheerleaders don't give a rip about us, our football team loves having us there, and people on campus are like, "OMG you're in the marching band?! They're awesome!" :D

We also are involved in a lot of local high school marching band activities. We host and run a competition every year and we also have a football game several high school bands come to and play halftime with us. This year we also got more high school involvement, playing at a local football game and playing at the marching band finals (which were hosted locally).
Wow, that's so cool to hear that there are schools like that (where you guys are appreciated). We're still worrying over here about losing our departments--we just lost the entire drama department last year =(