I want more stuff to listen to! (metal)

Here's just a few of the bands I listen to. (My absolute favourites are bolded)

Seven Kingdoms
Diablo
Morbid Angel
Fintroll
Amorphis
Sentenced
My dying bride
Paradise lost
Norther
Type O negative
Ghost Brigade
Motorhead
Tristania
Sonata Arctica
Charon
Before the dawn
ensiferum
Amberian Dawn
Arch enemy
Dismember

Any suggestions?
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You might like Diabulus in Musica, Xandria, Raintime, Mygrain, or Verjnuarmu.
As a Sonata Arctica fan I've always had Stratovarious recommended for me, but I've never found them particulary similar :shrug: Try them and see, might be that I'm wrong :lol:
Why not sólstafir? [link]
I'm going to go with Otep, Eths, Sikth, Periphery and Chthonic
Equilibrium
Tyr
The Absence
Draconian
Shape of Despair
Nile
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Evoken

Small list to start, I suppose.
Insomnium[link]
Celtic Frost[link]
Illdisposed[link]
Acid Bath[link]
My suggestions:

Rammstein
Eisbrecher
Dir en Grey[link]
Yaksa
Ritual Day
Horizons [link]
Equilibrium
Death [link]

Mastodon [link]

Tool [link]

Sleep [link]

Kyuss [link]

Celtic Frost [link]
Wintersun
Stratovarius
Nile: [link]
Ghost: [link]
Omen: [link]
Wolfchant: [link]
This is in my opinion the most incredible metal song ever: [link]

And here are a few other things I really love:

[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]

That's all I can think of right now.
Check out Stoned Jesus. Fucking masterpieces they got.

Oh, and Anal Cunt too.
You mock our musical genre of choice on the shallow basis of group names. I applaud your sheer, unparalleled originality. :clap:

Now, let's see what your musical genre of choice is. Time to visit your profile and scour the musical groups you stuffed into your "Interests" fields...

...Ooh, underground hip-hop! This should be easy.

I heard that Blokkmonsta dude is dope on the mic, yeah? That group CunninLynguists probably has some deep lyrics, probably about the world and its myriad problems. Oh, and how about those Axe Murder Boyz! They just keep pumping out masterpieces left and fucking right. :la:

I'll be sure to post more of these wonderful groups when you decide to post a thread asking for honest hip-hop suggestions.
...yeaaaahhhh I've never even heard of Blokkmonsta, CunninLynguists and Axe Murder Boyz.

I primarily listen to Aesop Rock, Eyedea and Don Johnson Big Band when it comes to hip-hop, who are all considered "underground hip-hop". Alas, I figured that was simply the best fitting term. And yeah, they all have very deep lyrics. And if you want examples I'ma provide.
Last i checked, all those - especially Aesop - are pretty well known and on pretty large hip-hop labels, hardly 'underground' to anyone who is actually a hip-hop fan. Also, how do you call yourself a fan of the genre when you haven't heard CunninLynguists?! Get on that, mans!
:stereo:

Lastly, i pretty sure he mis-replied this comment to you rather than the other person. :p
I'd still classify them as underground -- sure if you know the genre you know the artists, but I remain to believe that to most hip hop is about cash and bitches. I also don't call myself a fan of the genre, just some certain artists of it :P But I'll keep the name in mind!

And eh, well I dunno :P
I understand where you're coming from, but I still cannot possibly call a band/artist underground if they're on a large label, that's just too oxymoronic for me. Also be sure to check out Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and MF Doom if you haven't already as they strike me as artists that would be up your alley.
White Zombie, Kyuss, Melvins, Electric Wizard, Genghis Tron, High on Fire, Boris, Sepultura, Probot, Corrosion of Conformity, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Gigantic Brain, Voivod, Ministry
Persuader, Creation's end, Triosphere, Pyramaze... Nothing much comes to mind now.
Anathema, Epica, In Flames :shrug:?
Cloudkicker
Hjalmar Almgren
Wide Eyes
Sithu Aye ***********amazing btw***********
Substructure
Protolith
Uneven Structures
CHON
if your into metal, nevermore is by far the most metal band there is.
i also suggest children of nova, they're super new and only have one ep but its great
mastodon and opeth are good choices too