Details

Closed to new replies
December 1, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 45

Best or Your Favorite Guitar Players

:iconstxl87:
who do you think is the best guitar player, or just post some of your favorite. i havnt listented to music with guitars all my life and i've recently started i'm maybe about close to a year of experimenting with a bunch of different people and bands. but i've come across a few that i really like, they are:

Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)- i think he plays very well, and if he writes his guitar music he is very skilled, i loved him on MTV Unplugged

Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King (Slayer)- i really like a lot of slayers songs, i think they play very well, whoever does their guitarts is very skilled and plays distinctivly, i love the guitars on the opening of their song "Criminally Insane"

Michael Keene (The Faceless)- I like how michael keene plays in this band, i love how he played on the song "The Legion of the Serpent"

Necrophagist- whoever plays their guitars is very skilled. i like songs like: "stabwound", and only ash remains

Cannibal Corpse- the guitars in their music often have a great and distninct sound

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpaellamagi:
paellamagi Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Annie Clark is rad too.
:iconpaellamagi:
paellamagi Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Nels Cline. His guitar wanking at least sounds nice.
:iconmgcogan:
mgcogan Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Joe Satriani and John Frusciante
:iconmacerider:
MaceRider Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
God, I swear, it's like Music Forum snobs wait for threads like this to bust out their most obscure references.

"Yeah, my favorite guitarist? Some unheard-of avant garde jazz guitarist from Croatia who released a few tapes in the mid-80's, that guy played with so much expression and feeling!"
Flagged as Spam
:iconlash-upon-lash:
Lash-Upon-Lash Jan 3, 2013  Student Photographer
Tosin Abasi from AAL
:iconvrcooke:
-Joe Stump
-Kaki King
-Preston Reed
-Miyavi
-Pat Metheny
-Slash
-Eddie Van Halen
-Angus Young
:iconzeruch:
zeruch Dec 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
10:

Vernon Reid
Allan Holdsworth
Tim Miller
Robert Fripp
Steve Rothery
Skip McDonald
John McLaughlin
Trevor Rabin
Bill Frisell
Andy Summers
:iconya-ya2001:
Henry John Deutschendorf.

Junior.

:D
:icondeviant-garde:
To avoid bombarding this thread with a gigantic sterile list of random musicians, I'll say Fred Frith because he was fantastic in Henry Cow and did great solo work of varying styles, especially "Guitar Solos"; Derek Bailey because he was one of the most significant free improvisers ever; and Sonny Sharrock because nobody else did guitar as well in free jazz / avant-garde jazz. Somebody might bring up James Blood Ulmer on that note but I could never get into him much.
Add a Comment: