Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 73

French music????

:iconcarr0w:
Hello!
I'm studying French right now, and I was wondering, since French music and culture is kind of new to me, if you have any favorite musicians or songs? What are the greatest musicians now and then?

It can be any Genre!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondbguardian:
DBguardian Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
im really in love with the french version of 'Dreams To Dream'(from the movie 'Fievel Goes West')
[link]

beautiful!
:iconsinisterwonderland:
sinisterwonderland Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i had exactly the same problem as you :) unfortunately, i could find no french music to suit my taste. after hunting around a bit, i was told that the french do not apparently do alternative rock -___- i was peeved. i study french and german and german music is so good.

sorry to be incredibly unhelpful... but if you miraculously stumble across some french alternative rock please let me know ^u^
:iconbeauw:
I don't know about France, but here in Quebec we're swimming in alt-rock bands. I don't know but the surface- Grim Skunk for a heavier sound, Les Georges Leningrad, Malajube, Karkwa, Les Breastfeeders, Les Colocs, Jean LeLoup. I'm sure there are tons more.
sinisterwonderland Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
thanks :D i will listen to them. I completely forgot that Canada had french-speaking parts too! I listen to Canadian alt rock a lot already, but only ones with english lyrics so far.
:iconcarr0w:
I understand! Well for the moment I mostly listen to French classics, but I'll let you know I find something :), maybe someone here has already posted something? Sadly I haven't had the time to checked all the music here, yet.
sinisterwonderland Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
thank you ^^ i did look through some of the stuff here but it wasn't what i was looking for...
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Alcest
:iconmyrddhin:
Myrddhin Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Misanthrope [link]
:iconmichel-jr:
michel-jr Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
[link]

if you need something not metal or sad but just joyful ^^
:iconbeauw:
Jean Leloup for pop music: [link]