Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

Die Antwoord

:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Die Antwoord is so ridiculously far from my taste in music. It sticks out awkwardly in my collection of classic rock, yet I'm in fucking love. Saw them live last month and haven't been able to stop playing them since - But they having only two albums, I'm going kind of crazy here.

So I'm curious about what the general Music Forum opinion is of them, for one.

I actually respect (most) of your opinions - Music is one of few aspects in life I've accepted I will never be a know-it-all in. I have no musical skill. At all. Whatsoever. My friends are all musical theatre students somehow, so I usually just ask them when something is good or bad (not to suggest that I let this change my own taste in music though, but from a technical standing). This likely is not in their taste.

But my second and more important question!

If you do enjoy them, or that type of music, do you have any suggestions for what I should listen to? It pumps me up and inspires me, I can't go back to classic rock right now.

...And please refrain from suggesting MaxNormal.TV/their other projects, or Jack Parow, I figured that out on my own. :dummy:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfzang:
Fzang Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist
Infected Mushroom? They're not satirical in a sense like Die Antwoord, but they do have some pretty interesting sounding beats, awkward voices and guitars riffs - stuff that the boring individual probably wouldn't listen to. Their sound spans very widely, and I thought you might like since you appear to be into rock.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Filmographer
But back to the actual question, there's nothing really out there like Die Antwoord. The closest thing I can think of off the top of my head is Bom Bom by Sam and the Womp, and that's nothing like Die Antwoord. Same level of odd though. [link]
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Filmographer
Jack Parow is the shit. Can I get Eksie Ou anywhere? NO. :grump:
bohobella Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I haven't actually tried to get Jack Parow yet, I mean I enjoy what he's done with Die Antwoord but haven't gotten there yet. I see a lot of mixed reviews of him from Antwoord fans. I really just want MaxNormal.TV right now but I can't buy it anywhere that I know of and my download is stuck at 54% :c
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Filmographer
Good Morning South Africa is an incredible album.
:iconmeinesehnsucht:
MeineSehnsucht Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012   Writer
I think they're freaky and I like 'em a lot.
:giggle:
:iconjarringx:
jarringx Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
love them
:nod:
:icondorashouldprint:
dorashouldprint Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
It's okay to like diametrically different things. I don't understand people who are exclusive about other things. In that matter, I absolutely worship Slayer and yet I really really like Die Antword and their philosophy. I think they're really intelligent people who found a way to make money and have a good time. Also they show some big balls in their interviews and concepts. Respect.
Add a Comment: