I'm searching for new bands playing music in the following list of unusual genres (genre combos).

I'm searching for bands that play any kind of metal combined with industrial (or something similar) or combinations of the second parts of these genre combos (folk death metal, symphonic thrash, etc). I'm mostly looking for fresh, original melodies, and/or creative/energetic guitar riffs, and/or unusual themes/instruments/instrument combos being used. I'm open to avantgarde bands.
In the brackets I included bands that I like/love/know of and an examplary song to check out.

Industrial black metal (The Wicked - "Ordo Malleus", Thyrane "Heretic Hunt")
Industrial thrash metal (Fear Factory - "Fear Campaign")
Industrial death metal
Modern (Melodic) Death metal (Engel "Six Feet Deep", "Sense the Fire"; Illdisposed "Taste of you")
Gothic/Death/Doom metal (I only know Draconian ["Death Come Near me" so far)
Symphonic black metal (Carach Angren "Carriage Wheel Murder"), Dimmu Borgir.
Symphonic Power Metal (symphonic metal is fine too. Actually I know quite a few, but not enough) - Kamelot "Ghost Opera"; Lunatica "Words Unleashed".
Symphonic/Orchestral death/gothic metal (Septic Flesh "The architect", "Communion")
Industrial doom metal
Progressive (melodic/technical) death metal (Scar Symmetry "Ghost Prototype" I and II; First Fragment "Afterthought Extasy")
gothic/orchestral/symphonic + dance'y/energetic songs like Satyrian's "Dark Gift".
and all the other combinations I can't think of right now.

I'd probably like anything that sounds fresh and combines any of these: groove/thrash, space, industrial, modern/melodic/technical/brutal death, progressive, dark metal, folk, black metal, Neue Deutsche Harte, EBM, symphonic, gothic, funeral doom, grindcore, oriental/asian folk metal.

I also like unusual/metal covers of game music/cartoon themes/tv shows/pop songs/anime shows I know (there are too little nintendocore bands that are actually good/don't have a terrible vocalist).

You don't have to go through the trouble of going to YouTube to get links (but if you want to share it with me or others you're welcome), just name the band, tell me what they play/why you think they sound fresh and name some song(s) for starters.
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think I might be able to suggest a few bands not sure if you''ll like them or not though.

Psyclon Nine: Scar of the Deciever Parasitic, Clinik, Suicide Note Lullaby
Dawn of Ashes: Fuck Like We're in Hell
Helltrash: Cannibal
Life Cried: As We Decay, Preacher, Darkest Eyes, Rage
Dope: Debonaire, Now or Never, Now is the Time
Skinny Puppy: Pro-test, I'mmortal, Tin Omen
Gothminister: Freak, Darkside
Columbine: Deny and Lie, You Should Be Ashamed, Under My Skin, For The Children (this song is intended as a satire/ criticism of pedophila in the churches, it is not condoning pedophilia, though this is deffinently not for everyone.)
The Witch was Right: I'll Take It All From You, S.K.Y, Show Me the Way
The Ludovico Technique: This Life, Memory, Living Filth
I know and like several of Gothminister's songs:) Darkside among others.

I also know Dope. I like their cover of You spin me right round, Now or Never. Debonaire was cool too:)

I heard of Skinny Puppy. It's nice, but I didn't come across songs that I'd listen to a few times in a row. I haven't heard the songs you mentioned though, so I'll give them a listen.
As for Psyclon Nine... it has melodies I like, but I couldn't get into the vocals yet. I generally find it hard to get into the darkwave (or whatever it is called) vocals, except for Suicide Commando and maybe one or two old Terminal Choice songs.

I don't know the rest of the bands, so I have a lot to check out. Thanks so much for the suggestions:)
Comment hidden
I've seen industrial vocals being referred to as "distorted" though I have a problem with only this kind of distorted vocals.

I like Suicide Commando's Cause of death: suicide (despite the somewhat monotonous intro), Love Breeds Suicide, Comatose Delusion, Consume your vengeance, Dein Herz, Meine Gier.
Raise your God is also nice.

I know of Blutengel. I just heard a couple of songs, but haven't stumbled across one I really liked. Only the older Terminal Choice has such distorted vocals.

That would be nice. The problem is that I've so desperately sought new industrial(metal) bands to like that I've combed through the most obvious choices (and some underground bands). That's how I found the epic but disbanded Firewerk or Neverdice.

There's also bands that are liked for some reason, but I couldn't find songs that I really liked. NIN, Collide, Neuroticfish (Ok, there were some I liked but not enough to play them more often than once in a while).
I'm not sure if you've heard of the band Diabulus in Musica, but if you like bands that are Symphonic Metal like Nightwish you'll probably like them. They just released an album this year called The Wanderer and I personally think it's great.
Also, I'd recommend the band Raintime, even though they aren't together anymore. Their early stuff is along the lines of Melodic Death Metal; their third album not so much and most fans have mixed opinions on it I've noticed.
Oh, I didn't know they broke up. I love their "Matrioska". I really liked their combination of powermetallish sound and great growls.

About Diabulus in Musica. I think I've checked one or two songs, but I don't remember them. I probably didn't come across the right songs, but I'm willing to give them another listen.

What songs would you recommend?

P.S. Cheers to a fellow Rammstein fan:)
Yeah, unfortunately they just broke up this year. I was kind of sad but I believe a couple of the guys are planning on starting a new project, so I'm interested to see what they might do.

I've listened Diabulus in Musica's first album and there are only a few songs on that one I liked, but I thought their second album was great. I really like the songs St. Michael's Nightmare, Ex Nihilo, Blazing a Trail, Shadow of the Throne, and No Time For Repentance (Lamentation).

Hopefully I was helpful, and cheers to you as well. :)
Dance metal - Sybreed - Doomsday Party
They are one of the most original bands (apart from a few songs) and they are AWWSOME!!
I LOVE SYBREED AND TOTALLY ADORE DOOMSDAY PARTY! :D
Wow awsome, I got their new album and it is amazing, give it a listen if you havent alwready, challenger is an amazing song!!
Wait, they realeased the album with Challenger already? I've got to check it out.
Thanks for reminding me!:)
NP, it's definatly worth checking out :)
Machinae Supremacy!
My friend recomended them, and I listened to few youtube links and got hooked! Combination of metal and game music, they even made soundtrack for one game! :D
First band in a while that didn't get borring after three or four listenings to all the songs

[link]
[link]

Most of other bands I listen to are very well known, In Flames and Amon Amarth for melodeath and Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius and Blind Guardian for symphonic/power metal.
Italian power metal guitarist Luca Turilli with his own songs and in Rhapsody is ok, but it gets very repetitive after some time ([link])
I think I came across Machinae Supremacy before, I just didn't find the right song and dismissed the band as something that isn't really my taste.
The first song sounds good. I have yet to check the second.

Oh, you listen to the same things I listen to:) I love Amon Amarth, Nightwish, the older Sonata Arctica. I like some of Luca Turilli's Dreamquest's songs like Virus.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check the rest of Machinae's songs.