Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 70

Anyone Make Music Here?

:iconfngrscr8dstroui:
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
Electronic music, that is. Trying my part w/ some software, after a while it gets a bit easier. Anyone else do some mixing and building in their spare time?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkufaz:
Kufaz Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
yah...sort of...
[link]
I'm not very good...but it's a fun hobby.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
Cool then, I'll check 'ya out. Always most important to love what you do.
:iconkufaz:
Kufaz Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
thanks!
:iconlaurenhascombusted:
LaurenHasCombusted Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Indeed!! I can never get myself to just sit down and record, so I don't have oodles of songs, but yeah [link]
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional General Artist
Nice. I see you're on SC, I'll add you. I guess not having the time comes down to..well, time. Things got thrown out of whack for me once DST ended.
LaurenHasCombusted Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Wow, thank you!
And yeah, time is always an issue with just about everything. It's just one of those things, I guess.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
Don't mention it; you'll know it's me if the name's 'Psonponic' ;)
LaurenHasCombusted Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Cool ^_^!
:iconsnfidler:
snfidler Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
i do , drum's, vocal's, and my fender jazz bass, played in band's during the 80's and 90's,,,mostly cover song's though, a few friend's of mine write the stuff and we play them, i have a home recording studio i need to get up and running soon, i like all kind's of music
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional General Artist
Ah, cool! You sound very busy w/ all those instruments xD. What songs have you done covers for, I wonder?
snfidler Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
too many too list,, , a few are allman brothers, the doors, jimmy buffet, creed, pearl jam, all over the place really,,50's up to today,, lol,! i just jam with friend's and relative's for fun these day's, we are all multi- instrumentalist's, so we switch , and different people stop in and play too , my brother in law has a large room .. one end of his house is like a bar , it's cool,with a complete front end and a nice pearl drumset, everything a band need's to do a show, he has partie's there often..
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
Damn nice. I just got a partial memory of Family Guy w/ the bar mention heh. Sounds like a really sweet place for rehearsals and might as well have a full studio set up while at it.

Have you ever recorded an album or considered it?
snfidler Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
i have a home recording studio i', going to set up soon, other people have recorded us, but i dont have anything myself,,i bought presonus , studio one recording kit, need to get my computer back, its being worked on, bad video card,my sisters place is cool, the large livingroom is all set up for band;s to play, just bring a guitar..i need to go over more often
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
Long as you play good music, I'm sure she wouldn't mind x3.
:icondarai:
darai Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do a little bit.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
What sort, genre-wise?
:iconpixiesize:
PixieSize Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I'm tryin' to and learning myself. [link]
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional General Artist
Following now. I still can't get SC to play for me tho :S
:iconpixiesize:
PixieSize Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Oh really? My bad. I do have the one called First Encounter on my dA page if you still want to hear that.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
Sure, I'll check it out.
:iconkarinta:
Karinta Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student General Artist
I know for a fact ~SoundMutation does. He's BRILLIANT.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Professional General Artist
I'll give 'em a look, thnx :) !
:iconpieaceofmind:
pieaceOfmind Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student Artist
i dabble in some electronic music, for ideas realy
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
Like for sound effects?
ya, but mostly composing ideas. what did you need?
Nothing, really. I'm just looking for others around that are into this sort of thing. 'Cuz I've been on such a dnb/jungle rush, just figured it time to actually try my hand in it is all.

So when you're composing your pieces you don't think of them as music, but like abstract thoughts? Very interesting.
pieaceOfmind Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student Artist
sometimes, mostly just to achieve an overall mood for the song tho. ive been trying to use more music theory tho.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
Something I aughta do too. I've only studied some on waveforms, attack/decay, filters, etc. A lot of this stuff is just being stumbled on as it happens, which is...mildly frustrating at times x3. Basically just on sound, not so much on composition (that's been where all the listening's come in handy).
Ya i dont like bothering with the mastering or anything, and it is annoying learning a program at times (youtube has lots of resources). organization helped me allot, makes moving around a program easier. [link] notice how everything is named and colored, i basically just coppied that idea. though my work is mild in comparison to whats on the pic.

Im actually moving away from studio programs but appreciate people that do it. Will make my life easier, also i relay want to collab with a studio pianist. Ive heard some cool electro rock things thx to them.

what kind of music you listen to? my friend loves all the trance n dnb stuff, and i dont mid a dubstep track or two (just too lazy to dig through it.... sooooooo much gets published).

hear of chines man, has a cool drum step/ classic rock vibe.
Yeah, sometimes the programs are half the pain. I moved from Kinetic 2 to LMMS to MuLab; also fooled a little in DarkWave. MuLab's been the easiest to learn by far interface-wise, but it has a huge amount of power right out of the package. B/c the interface is streamlined it's easier to come to grips w/ focusing on actually creating the sound and structure, tho for a noob like myself there's a ton to learn there too.

It's probably always better to get some real hardware, congrats. Things that are super-annoying to control w/ the mouse in real time (like stereo pan and width, gate control, frequency pitches etc) probably become so intuitive w/ real hardware. I can only keep dreaming until I have the cash to afford a good synth.

I'm also big on dnb. And jungle, hardcore, darkcore, garage, house, breakbeat, acid etc. But mainly jungle, hardcore, dnb, liquid funk and jazz house. Some dude the other day recommended I check out Attack Attack for dubstep (they're more metal dubstep I guess), so I'll take them up on that, otherwise I don't listen to much, probably b/c the 'brostep' sound turned me off (tho I like rough guitar distortions in many darkcore and garage tracks, they just don't take up the whole damn song!).
(1 Reply)
:iconpulseflick:
PulseFlick Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I do.
Sweet.
:icondefaultking:
defaultking Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Yes.
That's what's up.
defaultking Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It's not electronic, though. Is neo-Romantic OK? [link]
:O.o: Real nice work man, can tell your an educated musicen. i do more the jazz thing myself ^^; well try. neo-Romantic, if i had to guess you learned in college? i cant w8 to go back myself. im learning manouche jazz atm, i like the swing and the guitar tequnices.

what program do you use btw?
Thanks! I study music theory and did jazz band for four years of high school, but I've never been taught how to compose or orchestrate. I use Sibelius 7, which rocks because I got it at a student price with four free years of updates.
ah thats cool. ya i tried to shred before i learned to play, so now i have to pay my dues. you write lyrics?
defaultking Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Only sometimes. That's what I struggle with the most, actually.
ya idk if i want to write lyrics yet but am gonna give it a try. i kinda want to carry a notepad on me to jot down ideas in general. that and my friend told me about how he would write down his dreams when he woke up, so im gonna hack that idea too XD. i think my best ideas are sporadic (well influenced by environment), but dont remember them so this will bare the truth. perhaps ill make a dream journal on DA, it'll depend on how much i have to edit, haha.
(1 Reply)
Hey, long as it sounds good! I hafta come to bearings with using that site tho (just signed up).
I love SoundCloud, especially the fact that it records and uploads directly from the website.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
Yes, I'm loving the uncompressed audio support. If it can store project files via cloud, even better (HDD concerns here).
defaultking Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Not sure about cloud storage, but the only upload limit for free members is track length (up to 2 hours, I believe) as opposed to file size.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional General Artist
Added you on SC, just thought you should know.
(1 Reply)
I guess only orchestral and extended club mixes would even push into that territory eh?
(1 Reply)
:iconfisherella:
Fisherella Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
I've done a little. I wish I could put it here. That might encourage me to make more musical things.
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
Nothing's stopping you, tho I do hear you on the whole 'intimidation' thing. Much harder posting a WIP for a song in progress than a picture.

In any case tho you just gotta have confidence in your work and keep going along.
:iconfisherella:
Fisherella Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
The songs I want to do now are directly related to all the art and writing I do here, so I would like to put them with everything else for context. Ah, maybe when I build my own site. That's coming soon.
Ah, sort of a mini-studio thing you're doing, then. 'Total package' deal x3. A lot on one plate!

Sounds good; too bad dA doesn't support video uploads (last I checked).
Add a Comment: