What do you prefer?

So... what do you prefer? A physical CD or .mp3? And for those who feels for it: Why?
Comments259
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Both. I love owning CD's, because I can put them onto my iPod. And for the bragging rights that you actually own it. ^^
I prefer cd's, but the thing is, everything that accepts cds in my room is broken, even the dvd reader on my laptop, yes. Soo I guess I'm kinda forced to play .mp3.. I mean, not that I'm complaining :D :D
Ah good one...
I don't own and CDs, I mainly listen to what my father has and I sort of categorize the stuff I listen to. Like New world, lounge,jazz musics are CDs from my father. Hip hop,Japanese,Anime,Korean random music goes to mp3 on ipod. Current favourite and past favourite are on mp3 in my phone and sometimes CDs :XD:

Lol I almost mistook you saying CDs like laser discs which we can no longer watch :( and my father had a star trek version ._. those super old ones
I prefer to listen to CDs whenever I can. The last time I bought music, I ordered about 10 CDs at once, actually. That said, I also wouldn't want to miss my mp3 player :)
Haha, I also made some of those mass-bought of CDs, really great to find many good albums one like ^^
Indeed, indeed, most new bands I listen to is through mp3 of some sort.
LPs are bulky and die too fast. The only reason why the majority of LP listeners I know prefer Vinyl is because in their eyes it automatically makes them a superior human being with a vast knoledge in music...
For the most part the quality of a CD is better (although that does depend on how one got the mp3), but I just like having a material CD, a CD case with an awesome cover, a nice booklet... yeah I'm all for CDs
I don't know, I know some that prefers of personal reasons, or just like them as much as a CD. But I guess there is those kind of people you speak of as well too, since those can exist everywhere...
Then we're on the same page, about the CD/mp3 issue ^^ :iconhigh5plz:
That reminds me of something. What kind of program do you need to use flac files?
mp3. mainly because it's easily transferable, easy to back up, and there are no scratches or any issues with skipping. i still listen to my cds every now and then though.
Isn't the CD better then? Cuz when you got the CD you can get the songs to the computer and then transfere into portable memories(usb for example), devices and stuff. And you can still listen to the CD after that.
To me, the mp3 is still better. If I'm going to take the time to rip a song off a CD and make it an mp3 anyway, I'd rather just already have it in mp3 format to begin with. Saves me the time and effort. Plus, as I stated before, the lack of skipping and inability to scratch an mp3 is a huge bonus. And CDs are slowly being phased out anyway. I have a feeling they'll eventually end up like records.
I actually think that the CD will be like the vinyl or something, still be there, but not many bands making them... but that totally depends on the buyers, I guess...
Thanks to hear your part of this :)
Sure, no problem :)
CD's, vinyl and tapes, but I'm too lazy to buy stuff. You know, shipping and stuff. So mp3 is more convenient for me.
Haha, that I can understand. And sometimes the shipping makes it twice as expensive too. That's kinda horrible, if you ask me.
Yeah. The most annoying thing is how long it takes to ship. I ordered Parrot Files by Algernon Cadwallader on cdon, it sai "15 days - 30 days". And knowing that site, you know it's gonna take at least 2 months.
That's irritating indeed, especially when one has pre-ordered. Then one wants the CD and stuff at the same day when it actually releases. Rarely that happens that it comes the same day :/
I'm not a fan of CDs because they easily scratch and break.
I like MP3s 'cos they're convinient and stuff.
I would like to own a small Vinyl collection but turntables are f**king expensive. Especially them Technics S100 ones. Seeing how they went out of production about 3 years ago. :(
That sucks indeed :( Maybe you'll be able to get one through ebay or something? I don't know, but I defently hope that you'll get one.
I like CD's but never have the time to go out and buy them so... MP3
Sad to hear that :( You don't got a shop/something that sells CDs in your town/city?