Does anyone know how to write piano sheet music?

I'm working on a film. I have all rights to a piece of piano music, but I need it on sheet music for my film composer. I don't know how to translate the piece by ear and put the notes down on paper myself so I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this for me???
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hm.... I could help you, but it depends how complex the piano music is. I have perfect pitch - this means that I can correctly write down any note I hear. I also have a program that I can enter the notes into (so I can send a electronic copy of the piece to you), and I have transcribed pieces before - so it's possible that I could do it for you. I can't register big chords or very complicated things with a lot of notes happening at once - so it depends on how busy your piece is.
Oh my gosh! Really? That would be great! Thanks! :D I'll note you. :)
Replyed, you're very welcome. No guarantees, but I'll see what I can do. ;)
there are programs that will do it for you.
Could you recommend some? That would be great. :)

I only have .mp3 and .wav files of the song recorded. I don't know how to play it.
That won't help you. These programs allow you to put the note in and will play them as you place it. Either that or there are ones where you play it and they record the sheet music as you play.
so...in other words: I'm screwed? lol!
Not necessarily.

There's an application called Melodyne which can identify the individual pitches of a piece of audio, like your ear would.

[link]