Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Ed Sheeran : Deepest Lyricist Ever.

:iconazn-expo-marker:
Azn-Expo-Marker Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I've recently become addicted to his songs. The instruments don't over-ride his voice but keep tempo. The finger-picking in songs like The A Team & Small Bump are really nice as well. :') But the thing I love most are that his songs have so much meaning hidden withing the lyrics~! It's not just love, love, love (though some are), but others are about things like drug addictions, abortion, etc. Anyone else agree? C:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmangagirl1603:
mangagirl1603 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I can't say the meanings are too hidden, he does get straight to the point. His songs are pretty and relaxing but I wouldn't be able to sit through listening to his album without getting bored.
:iconratpackswaggah:
RatPackSwaggaH Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Just because his songs are addressing issues about something that isn't 'love, love, love~~' doesn't mean it's necessarily 'deep'. To me Ed Sheeran doesn't have the lyrical prowess of artists like John Darnielle and Sufjan Stevens, but that's just me.
:iconsoren-kierkegaard:
Soren-Kierkegaard Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Imo this is "deep" [link]
:iconzeruch:
zeruch Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional General Artist
"Deep" is a relative term.

If I go for lyrics, it's a David Baerwald, Peter Gabriel, or things that fall into almost abstraction, like David Sylvian. Sheeran does little for me.
Azn-Expo-Marker Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh okay! I should check them out shouldn't I~ Thanks for your opinion~!
:iconlittlegingerlion:
LittleGingerLion Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Florence and the Machine is pretty deep.
Azn-Expo-Marker Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh really? I'm go to check them out. c:
:iconthisomessedup:
ThISoMessedUp Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I find him a little bit over rated. I agree, yes, he's a very good singer/songwriter, but I don't think there is much hidden, he gets straight to the point. You pretty much know what he's on about after the first two lines.
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
A little over rated is Rihanna, Nicki Mianj, Justin Bieber. Ed Sheeran? Well I don't listen to him, but I don't hear much of him. But I wanna live in a society where folk music is so popular, that you can call it over rated.
:iconthisomessedup:
ThISoMessedUp Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Presuming you're american, you should come over to the UK and see that pretty much every way you turn, there is something to do with either Ed or 1D.

Also, I struggle to call Ed Sheeran folk. I actually like folk music.
Add a Comment: