Gilmore Girls Cancelled?!

It's unbelievable, but it's true. The brilliant TV series Gilmore Girls has officially been cancelled and there are only 2 more episodes still to air. This is one of my favourite series of all time; the dialogue is witty and brilliant (or was in seasons 1 through 6, anyway); the central mother-daughter relationship is idealistic but still unique, sweet and believable; the characters are well-developed and acted incredibly... Does anyone else feel like this is, as Lane would say, "the day the tv series died"? Share your thoughts, your favourite GG moments, characters, fashions, quotes, and express support for this fantastic series- before it's too late.
Comments33
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
it sucks.
cus i recently started watching it:(
& i saw how good it was
& now its ending
I know it's so sad, that's a great show!
I haven't even watched the most recent season so I'm not sure how they will be ending it. I caught a couple episodes here and there though, and the whole 'long lost daughter of Luke' is so unbelievable.

I think I got over the story round about where Rory dropped out of university. I think they should have concentrated more on the old Rory image, let her do lots of reading still and she gets a temp job at a newspaper and gets really political. Or... hmmm... More concentration on her university life than her relationships.

Oh! And Max! I think Lorily should marry Max from the first season. I don't know why they broke up. It was just Lorily getting cold feet.

I liked Lane a lot, I think I saw an episode here and there with her still in the band. That was cool, though her friendship with Rory did not get stronger. I think thats the thing that started disappearing later on in the Gilmore Girls, it became so concentrated on Rory and Lorily's lives it moved away from the general interaction of the town and all their friends.

What ever happened to Luke's old girlfriend Rachel? She just totally disappeared.

I could probably think over it for ages... Mixing and matching plots and bringing up old skeletons in the story. Such a pity the cleverness of the story faded and relationships and drama took over.

Cari.
Hopefully CW will actually give me a reason to tune in now...

And, who gives a shit about Gillmore Girls. The only reason a show gets canceled is because it jumped the shark or no one cares. Both happened in this situation.
The script writer of Gilmore Girls said "You allow your audience to be as clever as you want them to be," and Gilmore Girls was one of the few shows that actually challenged you on a mental aspect. It wasn't a case of sitting down and meeting up with the same repetitive drone that television feeds us on a regular basis. I don't watch much television, but Gilmore Girls was the one reason i would switch it on and actually sit and be amused by clever wit and interesting quotes. Though I have to agree that the story started going down the drain. There's only so many original twists you can have, and i think rather they end than totally kill the story like they did with charmed.
How would you want it to end? It's too easy to just pair everyone up happily, but it would be nice if Luke and Lorelai were on better terms at least.
i remember that joke from family guy where they're watching gilmore girls and they talk insanely fast, ending with "wanna make out?", "no", "you're so lying", "i so am", and then they get it on, mom and daughter style lol, priceless. sorry the show's ending for you, i'd share my love but i never watched the show. and isn't it nice how everyone who doesn't like the show immediately pops up to try and make you feel shitty? bastards.
Yes, aren't they all charming? Sok, it's a very divisive show.
happiest day of my life... they always sound like they're reading really fast out of a bad joke book on that show.
Wow. I had no idea there was so much hate of the show out there. I liked the speedy conversation personally, but I will concede that this season the writing took a significant dip... But still, there just arent many other shows out there like it.
I hate this show. Oh joy. :)
I loved that show when I was able to catch it, one of the few people I guess that enjoys the fast, choppy, witty banter between the characters.

Thats a shame its getting cancelled, but atleast it's on the actors terms, and not the networks.
What...

There is a God, sorry but my mom and sister watched it. and i must say i was not impressed. and i was only listening from the computer room.
Have you not noticed that the show's gone down hill this season? The creator (and primary writer) Amy Sherman Paladeno (sp?) left over a contract dispute and the dialog and plot has suffered, greatly. Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham's contracts were up after this season and they chose not to be on a show that's gone down the toilet.
Good for them!
gahh!! good i know a guy who watched it!!:omfg:
I jumped for joy. That was possibly the single most annoying show in existence, right next to.... hell, I can't think of anything more annoying.
*cough* Arrested Development *cough*
I cried when Dark Angel was cancelled... I hadn't yet seen enough of Jessica Alba =(

As for gilmore girls... meh whatever. I haven't turned on my TV for 3 weeks so I could care less.
thank god! sorry its just I found it painful when they talked. so fast sorry just really hate the show. Sorry that its ending for you though.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
noo i didnt knowww :(
Where did you get this information?...I heard it was saved.