Any good sword fighter animes?

I am NOT looking for suggestions such as SAO, Fairy Tail or whatever, and I'm also NOT looking for samurai-related animes. I'm looking for animes that have sword fighting and characters that resemble knights and such. It would be very appreciated if you could leave some suggestions, so please leave at least one suggestion of an anime-if not, more. :3
Comments48
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Does it have to be literally Knights?

If not, definitely check out

Kingdom

and

The Legend of Qin/aka Qin's Moon(three of the major secondary characters, are swordsmen)

You could also check out The Legend of Condor Hero(although might no have as many fights as you want, and there's a wide variety of weapons being used, It's not only sword fights)

All three anime take place in China, so no samurais around or whatnot.
One that I like is a Netflix original, Seven Deadly Sins. It's really good. 

Not 100% about knights, but they're involved in the series. 
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Claymore. I think that one would fit your needs.

EDIT: Well, I found to people who, in fact, DID mention Claymore. Silly me.
You'll be hard pressed to find a non-samurai anime with swords, but Claymore, Beserk and the Fate series fit the bill pretty well.
Here are some reccomendations:
Fate Stay/Night
Bleach
Nanatsu no Taizai(knights who are overpowered and epic sword fights)
Akame ga Kill (dark, action)
Kill la Kill
Rurouni Kenshin is pretty good if you're alright with older anime. As is the Record of the Lodoss War (again though, older).

I would also suggest the works of Akira Kurosawa (mostly black and white post World War II stuff). Seven Samurai and Yojimbo the Bodyguard in particular. The sword play is much more realistic than in modern Samurai movies. No constant clanging of swords, no wire jumping across rooftops. More along the lines of quick strikes and multiple enemies against one guy who is just good enough to know how to deal with such a fight. I far prefer this kind of realism to modern overly wrought combat sequences, though it's not for everyone.
Well, there's more fighting styles in it, but... if you want to see good sword fighting scenes, I think One Piece might be a good bet, if for one character only: Zoro.  You won't BELIEVE what this guy could do with three swords.
I think berserk will suit your needs. but its more character driven and the animation hasn't aged that well but regardless its a deserving classic
Seven Deadly Sins is nice!
well, then Fate/Zero is that what you looking for.
The only one that comes to mind is seven deadly sins. It's kind of medival themed but also totally hilarious. There's defiantly knights and princesses.
Hmm well 'The Sacred Blacksmith' could be good.

Scrapped Princess might.
well sadly, i can't recommend non-samurai anime, BUT Samurai Champloo is GREAT. It's by the same people who did Cowboy Bebop.
The only one that comes to mind(barring the ones you already have) is Bleach.

I guess Rave Master, too. But...uh...

For that, stick to the manga.

You'll thank me later.
I can't continue reading the manga since I stupidly (or was it a good thing) searched for Seighart. /sob
Oh yeah. I remember now.

Hahahahaha I'm dead inside...:')
Maybe that's the reason why the author "resurrected" Seig in the form of Jellal (those space magic abilities!). But I still miss Seig.
Afro samurai is pretty good from what I've heard
I do know Sword Art Online even though I never watched it xD
I would have to say Berserk and Dog Days. Berserk can be gruesome at times, and Dog Days are fighting dogs who act like knights. I don't know if Dog Days would be something you are interested in, but it is worth a shot. ^^; 
well i was gonna say SAO

but no

that anime sucks- at times.
Berserk. If you want a fantasy anime, Berserk is probably the best one.

Watch out, though - it's a very dark, very very violent series with some sexual content. The story itself is really good, but you gotta have a strong stomach.

I'd also recommend reading the manga, because the anime ends at the single most depressing point in the entire story so far. (And because everyone should experience Kentaro Miura's artwork!)