Most underrated anime character

Tell me. Here's some of mine:

Asuna from Sword Art Online: Gets hated for being a damsel in distress even though she tried to escape. And because she's an overpowered tsundere. 
Suguha Kirigaya (SAO): Gets too much hate for getting in the way of Asuna and Kirito and for having big chest and falls in love with her brother.

Sakura and Hinata (Naruto): Both get hated on for getting in the way of Narusasu. And both are considered ugly and have zero character development according to the fandom.

Madoka Kaname (Madoka Magica) : Considered weak until the last episode.

Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica): Was mean to her friends and is considered a "wannabe hero."

The entire cast of Romeo x Juliet: Trust me, the fandom isn't that big. And the characters (that aren't evil or bratty) are likable. But the anime is underrated and so are the characters. Most of them have ONE FAVORITE on MAL.

Lisanna, Juvia, Erza and Lucy (Fairy Tail): Lisanna gets in the way of NaLu according to the fandom. Because of how the fandom sees Lisanna is the reason I hate NaLu. And people hate Juvia because they have a crush on Gray and hate how she stalks him. Erza has some haters for being overpowered and a "Mary Sue." And Lucy's considered useless.

Haruhi Suzumiya: Wow, people hate her because she's loud-mouthed and is a bully? Those are good reasons to hate her but I like how she's not afraid to be herself.

Dawn and Pikachu (Pokemon): I can't believe all those people find these two  'annoying.' They're not all that annoying. Misty was kinda annoying in the first season and so was Ash, but in the next season they're not as annoying.Dawn's not a Mary Sue. She can be pretty demanding when she doesn't get what she wants.

The list goes on and on
Comments140
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Lind, from Ah! My Goddess. She's a badass valkyrie who pretty much serves as God's right-hand man (er, woman), for cryin' out loud.

She's a really cool character, but she barely gets any fan-art or anything else. Whenever people hear the name "Lind", they usually think of the character from Air Gear... and I don't even know what that is. :/
She seems kind of cool. I've only watched the movie.
Fuu (Samurai Champloo)

Aisha Clan-Clan (Outlaw Star)

Ron & Harry McDougal (Outlaw Star)

Mendou (Urusei Yatsura)

Naomi Armitage (Armitage III)

Mr. Satan (Dragon Ball)

Char Aznable (Mobile Suit Gundam)

Mai Minase (.Hack//Liminality)

Haku (Naruto)
Okay. Thank you! I also love Haku as well. I also think your icon's cute! Eevee is one of my favorite pokemon.
Yamcha is definitely an underrated character. Even though he soon became no match for the villains, he never let it stop him from trying to help in some way.
Okay. Thanks for your opinion.
Erza have haters? ha thats the first time I've heard that cos I thought she is like the most badass female character, like ever, she can kick the ass of any haters out there :D (Big Grin)
As far as Lisanna, I guess I dont mind her being with Natsu since they seems to be together before Natsu even meet Lucy, but I don't mind NaLu either :) (Smile)
Juvia... I don't hate her, but I think I'm just not big with female character that acts really desperate for a dude in general, but she does have her moments
Yah, Lucy had alot of damsel in distress moments, she's not my favorite but I dont hate her either, I guess she was just in my okay character list:) (Smile) 
Yes! Someone who agrees. Except with Lucy and Juvia. Your opinions are different. And yes, Erza has a few haters.
I never hear anyone talk about Samurai Champloo.
wow you got a good list there buddy! Clap 

hinata was made the center of attention in the last movie, so dont feel so bad for her Sweating a little... 

mine would be:

kririn, chaozu, tenshinhan, yamcha, piccolo - because we all know that saiyans are the main attraction Giggle when the Z series came out, they were just feeds to the villains 
Okay. I'm glad about the last movie. Thank you!
hehe good to know Nod  your welcome! 
I... legitimately disagree with almost every single one of your points here. ^^;
Okay. You have an opinion. So I respect it.
Griffith from Berserk! he's such a great and well written character, it's a shame he's barely mentioned in top 10 lists
Okay. Berserk isn't my kind of anime. Sorry.
Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star, he's what i imagine Luke Skywalker would have been like if he became a smuggler trained by Han Solo and had a Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski carefree spirit when it comes to moving forward with his goals, not to mention he's a formidable gunfighter, skilled pilot, and an adept fighter, not nearly as reserved or grizzled as Spike Spiegel but a bit more charismatic
Okay. I'll have to check out the show.
it's my favorite anime of all time so i can say with all honesty you won't be wasting your time