Gravity Falls: A Tale of Two Stans

Just finished watching the mid-season premier of Gravity Falls. So many questions now! 

****SPOILER ALERT****
Don't read unless you've seen the episode!

Stanley and Stanfords past is fully revealed. It's another classic story of siblings who were very close growing up and gradually finding their own identities. A slew of new mysteries are brought up in this episode. Stanley getting that strange symbol burned into his back, Mcgukket making reference to Bill Cypher, Mabel worried about her Dipper becoming estranged. Even how Lazy Susan got her lazy eye!. I can't believe we have to wait three weeks before we get more details! dammit Disney! You just love stringing us along you diabolical fiends!!
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
That was pretty damn epic, and woo J.K. Simmons. I can't wait to see what happens next.
I think Ford is gonna die, that is my little theory I came up with
Stanley wants his brother to stay away from the twins?  Don't think that will fly with Dipper.  I also see Mabel  as more likely to continue siding with Stanley if pressed.  Character borne conflict ahoy!
Dipper's definitely gonna try to pump Stanford for information and as much as Stanford might want to honor his brothers wishes he's eventually is gonna cave and tell Dipper what he knows. A division in siding with a different uncles may be very likely.
Man that was such a great episode. It was very awesome to see the two stans interact and the answers it gave felt genuine
It was so deep, yet really entreteining at the same time. But I ended up hating stanford for being so selfish
I was in the middle of watching Fruitville Station but now that I've found out there's a new episode of Gravity Falls, I GOTTA WATCH.

Props to J.K. Simmons for voicing Stan's brother! :D

I find it funny how Stan's brother has 6 fingers, Stan has 5, and Mabel and Dipper have 4.

Well I'm wondering where the show plans to go from here now that a ton of questions have been answered.
If those commercial bumps are any indication I believe we'll be seeing the return of Lil Gideon, Bill Cypher(obviously) and possibly learn where Stanford was for the last 30 yrs.
At the end of the episode, Mabel says that she is worried that she and Dipper will end up like the Stans. I wonder if that is really foreshadowing something that will happen soon.
It may very well be foreshadowing something but I believe when Dipper and Mabel are confronted with a similar situation they'll come out on top.
I believe likewise, but if the past writing on the show is any indication, they'll be putting legitimate doubts in our heads anyway.  After all, I logically knew they'd never actually make Grunkle Stan a real bad guy, but they put enough damning evidence for the twins to find (all explainable later) to cast serious doubt as to where his motives were in the previous episode.

Great writing, in part, means casting reasonable doubt in our emotional minds that pushes that logical understanding way to the back of our headspace.
its a great episiode ^^ but then again most of gf is great
This episode revealed a solid chunk, if not, everything of what we needed to know about the two Stans.

I appreciate Dipper coming to terms to understand what methods Stanley had to manoeuvre in order to save his brother in spite of their shattered sibling relationship.

McGucket did go insane a little too quickly, but since a lot of work had been put into this episode, I'll let it slide. I'm certain we'll get more info gradually over Season 2B.
I was wondering why Stanford chose to create a portal and then I rememberd Dipper reading the journal with Stanford saying he'd been decieved. No doubt Bill Cypher had something to do with that. What Bill wants is the bigger question but if that tapestry is any indication nothing good.
A larger chunk of McGucket's cookiness was from the memory scrambling ray (in an earlier episode)
What I meant was what did McGucket witness in the portal.
He saw hentai for the first time.

Duh.