For all you Steven Universe fans...

Comment hidden
Comments85
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I wrote this before I witnessed either Steven Bomb this summer, by now it's very obvious that Pearl was romantically attracted to Rose Quarts

The Crewniverse has confirmed that Pearl had a one sided thing for Rose, so thanks everyone
I'm all caught up
No need to repeat what's already been said a hundred times, so we're golden now xD
To say that they've alluded to this, would be putting it lightly.
I'm surprised my thread hasn't died by now, I wrote this awhile ago before I had seen either of the Steven Bombs.
Now it's much more obvious :nod:
still waiting for september
Ikr? I can't wait :la:
considering sugar has gone full SJW on the series 

probably.
I could swear this thread was already here weeks ago. It's like the forums have become an echo chamber.
Yeah I'm surprised it hasn't died out yet XD
well after chilie tied its prety much solidified that pearl has a crush on rose 
lol it's essentially cannon it's been confirmed by crewniverse that pearl had one-sided feelings for rose quartz
Oh really? How long ago did they do that? :)
I think right after rose's scabbard
I'll have to look into that, thanks for letting me know! XD
MY FAVORITE STEVEN UNIVERSE SHIP IS STEVEN X EVERYONE.

OTP.
I'VE BEEN ENLIGHTENED
Bird Mom x Mom Mom 4eva
I wish I could feature this comment XD
I would accept it either way - I like to keep in mind that Rose has been gone for the amount of time that Steven has been alive (ten years I think) which is a relatively short time for the Crystal Gems. They all still have pretty strong emotions in terms of grieving and it could be that Pearl just misses Rose terribly. But the way the newer episodes have been portraying Pearl make me think it was romantic, specifically due to the way Pearl was said to fling herself into battle for Rose. Calculated Pearl, carelessly running into battle? That seems pretty reckless for her, so that leads me to lean towards Pearl having a crush versus platonic feelings.
i was thinking about this too :P but gems aren't technically human, so i dont think they'd be capable of having romantic attraction?? because they're not designed to reproduce or anything. idk just a thought. 
Well, Ruby and Sapphire's relationship is confirmed to be romantic, so that makes me think they can? Romantic attraction and the ability to reproduce aren't exactly tied together. Not to mention, if it was absolutely impossible for gems to reproduce Steven wouldn't be here - Rebecca Sugar stated that Rose shape-shifted a womb for Steven so I think it's more of a thing where gems don't reproduce themselves like we do. They might not even have what we consider traditional family structures, there's so little we know about the social aspect of their society (or their society in general :P). 
oh yeah, good point. i forgot about ruby and sapphire. well that's why i love this show. it really reflects on how love isn't limited to one exclusive 'area'  Peridot~Durr... 
Oh, I totally forgot about the difference of time for them in general, that's a good point! 
I like this :nod: