Who else saw Jurassic World?

I watched Jurassic World in 3D yesterday, and I lobed it. What did you think of it?
Comments61
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Eh, it had potential. Very flat characters all around and Chris Pratt's character was mostly just offputting imho. I think your mileage and interpretation may vary but I found the storyline to be an example of an "idiot plot", basically everything that happens only happens because some character involved was an idiot. Rich hippie-jock type owner gives "Make it awesome and toothy" as project specification to the scientist with a "because I can"-attitude to genetic modification? Idiot plot. Said scientist and his team making a homebrewn dinosaur without running proper tests on how it is being affected by it during its development? Idiot plot. Former army dude that probably hasn't seen his own toes for two decades acting out his macho fantasies and trying to control raptors without understanding them? Idiot plot. Our hero, harassing female coworker about their non-work interactions during a work situation? That's very classy dude. The mom, dumping her kids on her estranged-and-very-busy sister during a work week and then guilt tripping her for not having a family of her own? Wow. Just wow. Already annoying children driving off-road into area clearly not intended for them? Yup, I'm totally cheering for the raptors now as they have proven to be the most relatable characters in the movie. 

Having characters mess up and be very flawed is not bad in itself but it kinda killed any moral or point the movie was trying to make for me. For being a big budget movie selling itself with "Hey, cool dinosaurs!", the ratio of cool dinosaurs on screen compared to the ratio of human characters being unlikeable on screen was pretty disappointing. 
I liked it. Some people were acting like it was the shittiest movie ever made, but it wasn't.
I was totally disappointed. My husband thought the acting was good...I personally thought the acting was incredibly cheezie...didn't stand up to the original actors from the first movie. I did enjoy the dinosaurs of course...however I would've liked to see more. I guess my expectations were too high lol. I want them to make a jurassic Sea World movie that would be amazing!!!
I did, I thought it was good, I wasn't even looking forward to watch it, wasn't really interested but I thought it was a pretty fun movie.

I liked Chris Pratt too, thought he was a one hit wonder in Guardians of the Galaxy but I liked him in Jurassic World as well.
I can't wait for GotG 2
I've seen it. It's really good. I wish some people stop complaing about "too much cgi" or "It's a ripoff of the original". 1. The cgi was used properly compared to other movies that abuse the hell out of it. And 2. It doesn't rehash the original movie. In FACT: it seems to borrow some things from the original novel that the first film was loosely based on. 
I was disappointed that Chris Pratt was just "action hero guy," and there wasn't much character development for his character. Then there were a few plot holes, i.e., do the parents get divorced at the end, or what? Other then those points and the unnecessary CG bird at the beginning, I liked it. The dinosaur designs were a nice throwback to the original. My favorite part was the Jimmy Fallon cameo
Yes, the characters were pretty bad. And yes, there were plot holes. But it was still a good movie at least.
I loved it primarily because I always wanted a pet Raptor when I was young, and I was so excited to see Rexy again. However, is it just me, or did she look thinner? 
I dunno, I haven't seen the others for a while. When it's on dvd I'm watching all 4 in one day
That's gonna be a long watch! :D
But sounds great!
I don't know if I'm making this up, but I think Jurassic World is a direct sequel to the first movie, as if the other two did not happen. Is that right?
Well the other two weren't about the park reopening. JP 3 was a rescue mission. I don't remember JP 2. JP was the original park. So in a way, yes
I can't actually remember what island 2 was set on. I just remember Ingen buildings, but not the park itself.
I LOVED IT!!!  :D I felt like i've been waiting on that movie for 20 years.  :D
You HAVE been ...
It was amazing, seen it in 3D. Sat with my hand in my mouth for most it, T-Rex was predictable but did not see the Mosasaurus jumping in too! :)
3D is always fun
Meh. It was stupid and predictable, the CG wasn't that great, it had massive plot holes and was about as intellectually challenging as a Transformers movie. I miss when JP had a bit more meat on its bones, subtext wise and character wise. I'll file this in the same bin as the rest of the forgettable JP sequels. 
I don't know why some people didn't like it. That was the second-best of the series in my opinion.

AND THE T-REX RETURNING. BEST MOMENT IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE.
Second-best moment was the scene with Owen riding on a motercycle in the dark with freaking raptors behind him. :D
Mosasaurus eats Indominous Rex