Who was The Doctor?

When you watched Doctor Who for the very first time, who was The Doctor?

When I first watched Doctor Who, The Doctor was played by Christopher Eccleston :D
Comments79
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Tom Baker.  Early 80's.  Walked around with a long scarf and floppy hat until my senior year of college.

....no wonder I couldn't get laid.
Eccleston, not counting the times I saw the classic series as a toddler and was too young to remember it.

But these days, I'm more of a McGann fan.
I think I shall call him George by JZLobo Caerdroia by JZLobo Dark Eyes by JZLobo
started to watch it in 1971 but my fav was the fourth doctorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Tom Baker aka rainbow scarf,funky hat and tan overcoat!
I started with 9 and hated it but I powered through to get to 10 and 11.
Ok, what did you think of 10 and 11? :)
I loved 10! He was kind of dramatic but still fun, like a puppy, and made the series less boring. I really love him and Rose!
11 was fun and neat but also a bit more serious, but I didn't finish him since the formula of a partner staying for a while and leaving just stopped me from wanting to get attached to any characters and feel sad. At that point, why bother watching if you don't want to get attached.
Yeah it did seem like the 11th doctor had more companions than the 10th :)
Well there were lots of folks! 10 had Rose, Jack, Martha, Donna, and a few other one-episode folks. 11 had Amy and Rory, River, and Clara, as well as the other folks that came in and out. So now instead of enjoying the show, it's just waiting to see how things end with Clara and who he moves onto. ):
My first Doctor was Tom Baker.
Tennant was my Doctor
Christopher Eccleston as well for me. :) Although I've gone back and watched a lot of the old school DW, but all in all the current Doctor is my favorite, with Ten being second, and Nine third.
Cool, number ten is my favourite :)
Started watching from the Tennant series and that ended up being my favourite by far (and the Master was awesome too!), but I've kinda lost interest in the show now. The latest season showed some potential at first, but the later episodes lost my interest very quickly...

I do enjoy Tom Baker's episodes too, they're great!
Patrick Troughten/Jon Pertwee.
My first was Tennant, second was Baker. It's complicated
My very first episode must have been with David Tennant, because my sister made me watch it with her. I thought it was okay, but that was it. Then my sister made me watch season 5, because it was broadcasted on tv. I still didn't care much for it and coudn't keep up with the chaos. And so, later on I started watching it from season 1 (new series) with Christopher Eccleston and I loved it from the very start Love Love Probably because i didn't understand any of it, because i was thrown in the middle of the series that I didn't like it that much. Sooo who is my first doctor? Probably Matt Smith, because he was the current doctor when i started watching. But my favorite will always be David I am a dummy!