explaining the terminator franchise in one breath....

So i saw the trailer to the new terminator movie...

.....ssooooo from the beginning....

machines from the future send a machine to kill sarah connor before she concieves john connor who saves humanity from the machines in the future and humanity sends a man to stop the machine and eventually is the father of john connor and then flash forward years later ANOTHER advanced machine goes back to kill teenager john connor and humanity once again sends this time the same machine model that tried to kill john connors mother to protect john and sarah connor from the other machine then flash forward years later john connor goes off the grid and ANOTHER machine this time kills off others who played a major role in the future, as well as john connor and is once again protected by the first terminator but is protected from an inevitable judgment day and the machines wreak havoc then flash forward the war has been happening, john connor is finally a leader of the resistance and a new figure comes along to save humanity as well as...john connors father whom is a teenager and the new figure turns out to be half machine but saves john connor in the end NOW kyle reese is AGAIN? sent back to do what he did in the first place but this time theres THREE terminators and now john connor is in the past as a machine and now they must stop judgemen_ ok..

my head just exploded.....someone explain this franchise...I'm totally losing it...
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
"I'll be back"
I can't even say Arnold's full name in one breath.
:unimpressed: this looks like a troll thread.
Not at all. I'm just very confused with the whole basis of the terminator franchise.
ok I just saw the second trailer for genisys... my brain is broken now... I think john becomes skynet?
Hence why I posted the thread. I saw the trailer and was like huh???
I'm going to reserve judgement till I see it... maybe there's some small chance it makes sense within context of the whole film. 
I as well am going to remain neutral till I see it.
I often like films that the critics and everybody slate anyway :D
It gets easier if you only consider the first two films and possibly the TV show as canon. 

And in regards to the first film, how did Kyle legitimately love Sarah if all he knew about her were from photos and stories? Is it possible he just told her that and fucked her because that's what John Connor wanted him to do?
"Stop after T2."

... Huh, that wasn't hard at all.
It has Arnold Schwarzenegger blowing stuff up. What more do you need?
Elaboration!!!! :shakefish:
Arnold is a time-traveling assassin robot, a literal death machine. In the second and third movies, he is somehow able to take down far more advanced robots, even ones that were specifically designed to defeat and destroy his particular model.

Oh, I also feel the need to mention that, in the second film, Sarah O'Connor swears more than... well, anything I've ever heard or read. Just about every line she has in that film contains at least one F-Bomb. Some even have four or five in the same sentence.
guns and explosions and cool robots.

here's my money... please take it.
PLEASE......PLEASE TELL ME YOU SOLELY DID THAT FOR THE TERMINATOR FRANCHISE AND NOT TRANSFORMERS...
no the difference was for transformers it was: guns and explosions and cool robots and Micheal Bay and Shia Labeef.

Oh, pity.

He destroyed my childhood. I loved the transformers growing up :(
terminator salvation

man makes machines...
man gets scared of machines...
machines see man as threat...
machines set about wiping out humanity...
after nearly wiping mankind out...  (judgement day)
a great leader unites mankinds last remaining military assets and strikes back at the heart of the machines effectively winning the war with the help of a traitorous prototype terminator who overrides his programming and becomes human and saves the leaders life by giving his heart.

teminator 1

In response the machine makes a last ditch attack using an experimental timemachine to send back a bunch of machines to kill the great leaders bloodline...
in response the great leader captures the time machine and sends his father back in time to save his mother and bump the nastys and ironically create the great leader.

terminator 2

He also sends back a reprogrammed terminator to save himself when the second machine tries to kill him as a teen...
they try to stop the rise of the machines by destroying the research company studying the remains of the 1st assassin. But only manage to postpone the inevitable. Ironically it is also the machines 1st failed attack that drove his mother to train her son to be a great leader. 

terminator 3

Then again in his 20's  the machines attack his lieutenants causing him to try and prevent the machines first global nuclear strike in the past they accidentally are saved from the holocaust of judgement day because of a fathers love for his daughter and also by fate placed in the exact position to unite the survivors and begin the war he knows he will win. Saved by the terminator who finally manages to kill him in the future. reprogrammed by his wife as retribution sends it back to make sure the war starts and they get to meet.

terminator genysis

But the machines also wiped out his mothers family fucking up the timeline allowing for his mother to be raised by the terminator john sent back to save her or something... totally rewriting history...
 have only heard rumours about genysis.  
The salvation one helps for the most part. :nod:
its basically a unholy clusterfuck of a plotline due to absolutely no real consideration being given to it. The spin off TV series actually does a lot to plug all the plot holes and confusion. 
Overly complicated. :nod: