Pink Panther

I love those cartoon shorts. I've seen them all on DVD. I also like The Pink Panther Show (1969). They showed other cartoon shorts like The Inspector, The Ant And The Aardvark, and others. I like the Little Man's Dog. He's funny (too bad they didn't show much of him in the series.)

A few of the early episodes had dialogue in them. Even the Pink Panther himself spoke in two episodes "Sink Pink", and "Pink Ice". Does any remember that? :D

I like the old classic episodes they showed on NBC. In 1978, they moved the show to ABC, and renamed it "The All New Pink Panther Show". The animation is more colorful, and they changed the music. I like the classic music they played in the older episodes. The new soundtrack kinda creeps me out (not to mention the letters in the title cards of the newer episodes.) Although they do play nice disco :)

They have other series later on like the 1993 cartoon series where the Pink Panther actually talks. And now there's Pink Panther and Pals (with the ant and aardvark.) They also brought the dog back, too :D

Did anyone else watch Pink Panther growing up?
Comments25
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I love the Pink Panther, he's hilarious and takes away the boredness - and he's a panther (main reason I like it the most)
I love Pink Panther the cartoon I didn't feel much for the live action movie.
I only recently discovered the original shorts. I'll have you know that the original shorts are (legally) available on YouTube for free.

Oh, and the Little Man was based on Friz Freleng himself.
Yeah, I've been watching them on YouTube lately. I hope they don't get removed one day. I never knew the Little Man was based on Friz.
I liked the old shorts. Imo, they were made for adults not for kids -- but they're so family friendly and funny so kids can watch them too. The newer shows seem to be more catered to kids, and less witty. :shrug:
That's true. The older episodes show guns, drinking, bombs, etc.
I have the full collection on DvD and love it. Recently kids of my relatives have asked this collection of mine to travel around as well. I think it must be single most popular music/film collection I've ever possessed. It's longest travel was 2000 km across Europe... :D 

Best cartoons ever made, I think. 
When you say travel around, do you mean you sent the collection across Europe?
nah it went with people and back. Never sent it by mail. 
I always watched the Pink Panther show back in '69...I especially liked the opening, when the panther and the Inspector arrived at the theater in that wild customized car.  Not only were the panther's adventues funny, but the Inspector's as well.  What got to me was this usual conversation between the Inspector and Deaux Deaux:
DEAUX DEAUX: Si, Inspector.
INSPECTOR: Don't say "si", say "oui"!
(Hey, he couldn't help it if the guy came from Barcelona!)
Sure, the Ant and Aardvark were okay comedywise, but they couldn't replace the Panther and the Inspector...especially those one-minute shorts where the Inspector corners the Panther only to see the Panther make a getaway.
(P.S.: I also heard there was a model kit of the aformentioned custom car...I wish I could find it.)
Yeah, I love The Inspector shorts. I think I saw only one episode of The Ant and The Aardvark.
I was way obsessed with this show as a kid. I loved it! :D Then I heard about the movie and...was sorely disappointed lol. Still a fan of the old cartoons though. :)
Yeah, I prefer the cartoons. They should make an animated movie instead.
Hha, i love the old show, too!!
Simple & funny, that's all ^^
And how can't you forget the music theme?
to do to do
to do
to do to do to do to do to dooooooo~
Pink Panther gave me a fear that I would be sucked into the top of an escalator.
True. I would always jump off escalators.
Not that much (although I do remember some of them from when I was little). They show them now and again on the TV. I actually like the Christmas Special one, I thought it was nice. 
I saw the Christmas special on YouTube once. I need to watch it again, since I haven't seen it in years.
Yeah, same here.