Would you support crowd funding a documentary about pet theft?

Last month I thought about starting a crowd funding page to do a documentary about pet theft. There's a lot of people who don't know that dogs are being stolen and then resold to someone else.

I know people who it's happened to, including me.

Although it's been reported in the news, it's not as widely known as it needs to be. Some investigations have shown fake animal rescues will even go as far as stealing dogs in order to sell them. Some even charge different fees like $350, $400, $600, etc...for dogs. Many dog owners have had to file lawsuits that get their pets back.

It's really sad and cruel.

Long story short, would you support crowd funding for a documentary like this to be produced?
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Why not?

Look at 20/20 and 60 minutes, they've done reports related to animals before.

Pet theft is a serious issue and one that hasn't been widely discussed like it should.
Probably not 
Well, there's the question of 'How did you lose this large noisy object that can easily be labeled and tracked'?
It's not that simple, microchips don't always protect dogs, the chips can be removed via surgery or reprogrammed.

I would NEVER label a dog an object, they're living things.

Also, pet theft is a serious problem and one that needs more attention, otherwise it'll continue to get worse.

Back in the 80s and 90s, dogs were stolen and sold as animal test subjects for pharmaceutical and cosmetic companies but now  pet theft is happening more often than it used to.
Are you sure it isn't like murder, where the overall amount has gone down, but capitalist pig dog news associations are reporting by upwards of 700%?
I have no idea what you saying.
Do you have actual stats, or is it the number appears number due to higher reports?
View all replies