Favorite movies of 2014 so far?

I think we should take a moment and really discuss about how great of a year this was for movies due to how many good films were released this year. Movies like Interstellar, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Raid Berandal, X-Men DoFP, Edge of Tomorrow, are some of my favorites just to name a few.

What were some of your favorite movies of the year and why?
Comments82
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
X Men days of future past, Dawn of the planet of the apes, Maleficent, Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles, 22 Jump street!
Captain America: Winter Soldier.  Some great action scenes.  Nice comedy moments.  Nice character stuff.  Solid story.  It's the version of Cap I always wanted to see and it just worked on every level for me.
I liked hangover part 3. It was my best in comedy part.
In action- spider man was my best.
1. Transformers: Age of Extinction: Saw it three times in theatres, really love it so much! :heart:
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 2 times, the best solo MCU movie so far
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Pretty intense, obvious awesome is obvious :squee:
4. Sin City: A Dame To Kill For: Jessica Alba. Period.

:)
Captain America: Winter Soldier.  Awesome.  Finally someone does Cap right.  Loved it.

Other good flicks:
Lego Movie
X-Men: DOFP
Imitation Game
Guardians of the Galaxy
Interstellar
Lucy
Birdman
Boyhood
Chef
Saw Captain America 2 twice in theaters, it was awesome indeed. They finally made him a lot more likable too, it's like he didn't have any super powers to show in the first movie but in the sequel they made him a lot more interesting with him making use of his super strength and speed in the movie and doing stuff only a super hero can do.

Birdman isn't out where I live, but I do look forward to watch it, it seems like a pretty original film judging from the trailers.
Based on the 2014 movies that I have seen :P

Big Hero 6 
Maleficent 
The Purge: Anarchy - Hey, I just love the concept of these movies ;)
The Mazerunner - Dylan O'brien
The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Spidey is my favorite superhero 
Rainbow Rocks mlp eqg, annnnd yep thats pretty much it. oh im sure into the woods whenever i go see it
"The Lego Movie" and "Big Hero 6" are the best movies of the year 2014.

auto house review               
auto house scam
autoshouse.com review
The Interview, Lego movie, Tusk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Interstelar, X-men days of future past :)
Tusk?  That's one not many people will have on their list.  I thought it was okay, but not something I could recommend.
True enough that movie isn't for everyone but it does show that Kevin Smith can write things differently :lol:
haven't seen many, but the grand budapest hotel and days of future past were really good
Big hero 6! Honestly I was so excited for this movie, but I'm already one of those people who is needlessly excited for kids movies. It had a lot of emotional depth to it and the art direction was amazing. I loved the idea of San Fransokyo. Really merged together asian culture and american culture, so it mattered to me as an asian american haha.
I also really appreciated the diversity in the movie, and the background and animation was so gorgeous. I cried in it too haha I'm pretty lame
Hmmm... yet another movie I have to see.

Haven't even seen the trailer for it, but the fact that no Pixar movies were released this year makes me want to watch a good animated film that was released this year.
Go watch it! It's such a great film, and the soundtrack is amazing. Fall Out Boy released a single for the movie haha.
It's really good!
X-Men: Days of Future Past !
It was excellent and just what I personally had expected tbh.

Also Birdman, 22 Jump street and How To Train Your Dragon 2 was quite fun to watch.

Interstellar. I don't know if it's the best movie I've seen this year but it definitely blew me away.
I definitely think Birdman was the best movie this year. Expect it to pull some upsets at the Oscars.
Although The Wind Rises is no slouch.

But my favorite movie... it would probably be Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I'd like to give it to The Hobbit:Battle of Five Armies, but I view it as the last part in a single-story trilogy. And I do think it's the weakest of the three parts. So as a stand alone film, it's not quite good enough to be annual favorite.
Big Hero 6, it was really good and it's weird that normally I don't care for Disney movies but I adored Big Hero 6 (Hiro is a cutie)
Can't believe no one has mentioned Fury yet. I watched it twice in the theater, which is something I NEVER do.
The American soldiers may be fighting Nazis but they're not especially likeable people and it doesn't try to shove any morals down your throat, it's up to the viewer to make their own conclusions about the characters. The whole thing has this heavy, foreboding atmosphere few things have and they handled the violence just right. But mainly it was amazing to see real tanks in action, and they did a great job with the sound design. I'll be pissed if this doesn't win some awards.

Also Godzilla was an example of how to do CGI right. I liked that they kinda went back to the original Godzilla film with the concept instead of going all campy.
I heard Fury was pretty good but I haven't seen it... also heard Shia Labeouf did a good job in the movie which is pretty interesting IMO (I really admired him when I was younger, but not so much anymore nowadays).

I saw Godzilla in theaters, it was really good. Those fights he had with those 2 flying monsters was great and the way he finished the last one was amazing.
A friend of mine really hates both him and Brad Pitt, but thought they both did great in Fury, so... there you go.

The theater is the only proper way to see Godzilla I think. Those were some epic fights.
Big Hero 6, the Book of Life, the Lego Movie, Robocop, Utilmate spiderman 2, Maleficent, How to train your Dragon 2.

All in all, I think it was a good year for movies.