Frozen Fan club

Fellow frozen fans, the time has come for us all to finally get together and talk about all things frozen!!!

This is my frozen club, talk about all things frozen and have a good day!
Comments111
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I personally enjoyed the movie as I am partial to anything winter-related and I related to Elsa all too well... and I'm an animator so I went to go see it by myself as a homework assignemnt.

but to be honest all of the hype that the film has gotten is starting to get a little annoying, and while they did accomplish the "flipping a disney movie on its head" they were laying the whole feminist angle really thick.
In my opinion they would have done a much better job of  acheiving the whole "feminist disney movie" by adapting Grimm's fairytale of "the seven ravens"! That story would make a great film since it has a female protagonist who, while physically weak and looked down upon, has to overcome many obstacles to save her brothers. But that's just me.
I love the movie, but I'm not oblivious to criticism. They needed to give us a slightly better explanation for Elsa's powers. It would make sense if her past ancestors had ice powers but they didn't mention that so of course the Snow Queen in Once Upon a Time offered some semblance of explanation for Elsa's abilities, but still. I'm so bugged by it I'm writing a fanfiction of my own explanation.

The villain was also kinda shoe-horned into the movie. No offense Hans, but I have seen more clever take-over-the-kingdom plots from amateur fanfiction writers. "We said our wedding vows before she died." Okay, where's Anna's body? Where's that paper that says you two were married? Come on, did no one actually check that shit?

But regardless, I still love the movie and obviously I love it enough to write my own creations for it. Anna is just adorkable, Elsa pretty cool (pun intended), Kristoff seems just as adorkable as Anna, the songs are memorable for the most part, and the animation is beautiful. 
As much as I enjoy the movie, how much cooler would the ending have been if Anna got fire powers through some random plot device and then she and Elsa had a Dragonball-esque fight, followed by both of the beating Hans into a bloody pulp?
You really like that movie don't ya?
Wow, a year later and you all are still obsessed. You worship the movie like it is your god. Grown women make videos with the dolls, and older siblings (Boys and Girls) have to deal with the videos. Oh, and don't get me started on "Let it Go". 
My opinion on the movie itself is that it was ok. Could have been better but it could have been way worse. Frozen is just...generic. Its got to much hype that it didn't need. 
And, before you tell me "if you don't like the movie, don't talk about it", you asked for our opinions. 
Umm, im not 'worshiping' the movie, im just talking about it, I really enjoyed the movie but its not for everybody I suppose, because there seems to be a lot of haters out there, I mean its a child's movie not one meant for 20-30 year olds.
I understand grown women post videos with their Elsa and anna dolls, but thats none of your bussiness and im clearly not a 'grown woman' yet. Yes I did ask for your opinions, im not going to say anything against what you said because people have their tastes and opinions
The the videos are my business when I have to listen to it all day long. I think the only reason people hate it for the most part is that its everywhere. Thats why I don't like it personally. The movie was good but eh I hate seeing it everywhere. Sorry if I cam off as rude earlier I was in a pretty bad mood.
Its alright, the movie is everwhere though that I dont disagree about, but still I liked the movie and thats my opinion. I should've known peole would have their opinions and that they would all be negative, I want to close the thread cus I keep getting shit from people and I have to tell them 'everybody have their opinions blah blah blah, frozen has flaws too blah blah blah' im sick of it, I just want it GONE!
Mm yeah. Well, some people are tired of seeing Frozen and some ust want to be rude to be rude. But hey its the internet. We're all just wasting our time arguing so why not agree to disagree? If only the world worked like that.
Yeah...I will probably not post on this thread again.
I'll have to say that the overhype part for me is the merchandising in the store where I work - it's everywhere! Toothbrushes, school supplies, decorations, toys, movies, books, decorations, wall stickers, posters, seasonal popcorn, towels, bathroom decoration, clothing....yep. I can't away. Even the soundtrack is included in the kiosk that played holiday music at the back corner!

But enough about that. I do think the movie is pretty good (it's not my top faves but I seem to have weird tastes, seeing that I can enjoy animated abominations as well), although it did take me a good year to actually get around to watching it! The characters are okay, but I think some needed a bit more development. I would love to know more about their parents but they're in there for the beginning then are gone forever. Kind of debating if the advice they gave to Elsa helped or hurted her in the long run...what do you think?

Ana's backstory is a bit sad though, seeing she grew up not having anyone to talk to for most of her life so she turned into a quirky young lady. Elsa as well, even though the reason was to keep her sister safe from her powers, she ended up isolating herself from everyone and it ended up hurting her as well. The thing that kind of threw me off is that after all those years of not talking at all, they do start conversing normally after a few exchanges. I would've thought it would have made a source of conflict but I suppose Ana is pretty forgiving. Although, I kind of wonder how Elsa survived if she just stayed locked up in her room (unless she sneaked out during the night when Ana is asleep or someone was passing food) I feel like Elsa's personality is fitting, especially with her ice powers.

I kind of wonder how the story would have played out if Disney went with their original concept of having her as the villain (I remember thinking that was the case when I first saw the designs of the characters!). And, I thought Ana would've been a fire user and maybe they have some epic battle near the end. Even though, I would've thought that if they kind of went with the route that Elsa somehow lost her way and Ana ends up having to save her from herself. But then again, Hans would probably just be there with no purpose at all!

Speaking of Hans seemed to just change his mind near the end of the movie and became the antagonist. I feel if they did some foreshadowing with the character earlier, it might not have seemed too out of the blue. He even saved Elsa from getting shot at during the raid at her ice palace when he could've let them take care of her then deal with Ana and be able to take over the kingdom that way. I didn't pay attention the first view but at least the Duke of Weselton (or Weaseltown!), said something along the lines of 'exploiting the riches' so you can kind of tell what kind of person he really is from that line already. He was also the one that antagonized the characters of Arendelle so it almost seemed like he might've been the villain but nope. He can't do much against Elsa's powers! Seeing that I missed the beginning part when I did start watching the first time and only thought he was acting out of far, I thought he was an odd side character but thought not much of it until he was getting kicked from Arendelle, haha!

Kristoff and Sven were definitely my favorite characters. The scene where kid!Kristoff trying to cut ice in the beginning was cute! Sven suffers from the 'all animals are dogs' but I still like the character anyway. But they keep sharing the same carrot and that's a bit gross, LOL I'm kind of curious to learn more about the character but I guess the movie kind of showed as much as needed for these two characters. :/ Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Olaf. I know people out there do like that character so I won't go on to why I can't get into that character. Oaken from the Trading Post seemed to be an interesting character - too bad he's only in the movie for a few minutes. The trolls are kind of interesting. I would love to learn more about them as well as the magic in the world in general!

Whoops! Long post is long. I kind of focused more on the characters themselves since I do have an interest in character development (even though I'm realizing that I have my own characters that are too similar to each other!)
I actually agree, the movie needed a lot more developement, I have stated some of the things I would have liked before in a previous comment like if they added kristoff earlier, if anna and kristoff met when they were younger it would've been nice. Plus the hans thing is a definate shocker and really out of the blue as you said, but all in all the movie was still good yet I think they rushed it a bit so it would be available Christmas 2013 for merchandising purposes. I agree frozen is everywhere aswell, but since im a fan I like it! Im not saying the movie is perfect, but we all have our opinions.
That's cool. I love to hear other people's opinions, whether they agree or not! I like to know other people's perspective on things. The thing I don't like are people that feel the need to insult others because they have a different opinion then their own - dealt with someone like that for a few years.

Yes, I feel that if Kristoff and Anna met earlier, it would make a lot more sense then just forcing two random strangers that never met before together. Plus it would give them time to develop the characters better until the point the gates are closed.

I bought a few merchandise myself! Mostly books though.
Yes, I like to see opinions aswell, but I also have a opinion. (Yeah frozen merch, NIIIICE)
1:  There is already 10000 fan groups for Tumblr already. You are better of joining a tumblr or Frozen forum.
2: This is a public forum for movies and tv shows in general you can't make a forum out of a public thread. : p
3: Personally I find the movie overrated . Its cute, its decent but it has way to much hype.
I dont want to join Tumblr though.
I thought the movie was alright overall, but I've seen better, for example Mulan or Lilo and Stitch. What I don't get is where Elsa's ice powers came from, and it doesn't have to be some overly complex origin. In Tangled, Rapunzel's powers came from a magic flower, it was simple and neat.
She was born into her power, if you'd paid attention in the scene where elsa froze anna's head and the king and queen of arendelle went to the trolls the head troll said 'was she born into it or cursed' and the reply to that was 'born into it' so that answers that question. Although I liked Tangled a lot im really not a fan of Mulan or Lilo and stitch, we have very different taste in Disney animated movies and thats fine.
Even so, but neither her parents or Anna have ice powers, so clearly it's not a genetic thing. Plus, I think that Elsa would've been better as an Antagonist, not a villain, just angry and confused, rather than Hans.
I think Elsa is great as she is, though Elsa's power isnt a genetic thing, some people are just born different right? Not everybody is a perfect peachy princess, I think this is what the movie is trying to tell people, even if your different you can still be who you are and people will accept you for that.
That's true, but the romance between Anna and Kristoff was forced, they behaved more like friends.
I admit your right there, they seemed more friends, Hans was laid out originally to be the 'love interest' but then they needed a villian and clearly they couldnt make Elsa the villain without making little kids cry. But I guess that Anna and kristoff make a good enough couple, it would've been nice if they'd been friends when they were kids, you can really build a backstory and make it a strong story then.