What is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

I think the scariest movie I've ever come across is probably 'Dead Silence'OMG LOOK AT THAT , maybe it's because I find dolls and puppets a little scary, but I thought this was frightening.

Anyone seen this movie and what's the scariest movie you've seen? I'd love to hear all your comments ^_^
Comments56
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I haven't really seen any movies that scared me much.

I guess I would go with The Blaire Witch Project. As a kid I went on hikes and fishing trips where I walked out into the woods with only one or two other people, without any maps or compass, etc, and I worried about getting lost. So I found that movie fairly scary because of that. And of course I watched it late at night, in the dark.
Dead Silence was great. I personally enjoyed it more than the Saw movies.
Yes, I totally agree! I how it really difficult to comprehend the Saw movies :/
I actually thought the first one was decent but it seemed like the more sequels they made, the more disjointed they became and were too over the top even for a horror movie. That usually happens though  when they make that many sequels. It becomes just gore for the sake of gore while neglecting to have a good story.
Very true Nod  I found that I sort of knew at the beginning of the second and third, and so on, what was generally going to happen :/ which kind of spoilt it a little
 The Insidious series never fails to horrify me. 
The most scary movie for me was and still is Eden Lake.
The most frightening thing is the reality of this movie. Unfortunately we all can meet violence and cruelty of people.
I do recommend to watch it, but only for not too impressive people.
P.S. sorry, but Dead Silence for me wasn't scary [Emoticon] Oops 
The Ring and The Grudge scared me the most. I was 14-15 when I saw them and they left an impression on me.
Movies don't scare me nowadays though.
I'm in the same boat. The grudge and darkness falls scared me pretty bad when I was around 12 or 13. I was afraid of the dark for the longest. Today I'm not too afraid of any movies although there are a few that give off a great amount of creepiness. If you want to be scared, read a scary story. Your imagination will do the most damage.
Well I don't get scared of written stories either. The only thing that scares me nowadays are my own dreams and reality.
Interesting. Never been scared of my own dreams. Maybe a bit of reality (losing control of car, etc). I always creep myself out when reading something scary.
What? You've never had a nightmare?

Yeah exactly. And when someone is following you, that's creepy.

You must read it in the right way if you get scared. I just don't..
I haven't seen a film really horrifying enough - but one that comes close is "Drag me to Hell" when I watched it in Spanish (English wasn't as scary though).
I remember getting restless nights after seeing the remake of 'House on Haunted hill' with this creature made of black stuff that spoke backwards and there were these freaky looking ghosts and spooky visuals. 
love that movie, still watch it a lot. 
I have found the grudge series to be the scariest for me. Ju-on was even scarier.  but I find Asian horror to be what scares me the most and often !
The Woman In Black, Sinister and even though it ain't a horror movie but it still scared me growing up: Pink Floyd: The Wall
Interesting Nod  I've never seen Sinister before. Pink Floyd is pretty dark to be fair ;)
That film was pretty scary in it's time, and even now it's pretty frightening I agree ;)
Cannibal Holocaust & Alice (by Jan Svankmajer's)...they're very unpleasant to watch.
Ooo, I haven't seen any of these! :O I'm unsure when you say unpleasant to watch?.. Is it full of gore or very scary, etc :grievingly 
Back when Cannibal Holocaust came out, the police had to launch an investigation to determine whether or not the actors were still alive & "Alice" is creepy.
Hmm....that's a little tricky. I think the one that left me all but incapacitated with fear was The Ring. Even walking back to return the disc, I was glancing over my shoulder. That said, I barely remember it now and couldn't care less about it.
The one that dug in for the long run is The Others. It really reached inside me and not only scared me, but has been moving every time I saw it.