STAR WARS THANKSGIVING SPECIAL

It's official everyone. Walt Disney (who now owns "Star Wars) is releasing a fully-animated, CGI TV "Star Wars" Thanksgiving special, airing tomorrow night on the Disney Channel. 

Taking inspiration from the "Star Wars Holiday Special," this one will follow a similar formula. Whereas the Christmas Special revolved around the Wookie holiday of Life Day, this Thanksgiving special will introduce us to the Gungan "Day of Words," where Gungans express all that they're thankful for in song or poetry.

And like the  Christmas special, there will be several subplots running at once, including, but not limited to...

:bulletblue: The Binks family, preparing for the Day of Words. You'll meet Jar Jar's new wife Chi Chi Binks, his son Gom Jabar, and his daughter Linga. Chi Chi seems to be the "sassy, bossy, bitch who can kick ass to protect her family" type of mom. Meanwhile, little Gom is a clumsy boy who can never do anything right, and Linga is a smart sassy girl with a brain years above her age, ready to put anyone who challenges her into their place.  

:bulletgreen: Luke Skywalker will return, with a new love interest.  (Since Disney is ignoring the Expanded Universe for this special, Mara Jade will not appear or be mentioned.) Luke's new female sidekick is named Baela Swoynne, a young Twi'lek princess and daughter of Oola, the dancing girl who died in RotJ. Baela has recently discovered her Force-sensitive powers, with the help of Luke, and is on her way to becoming a Jedi more powerful than any in recorded history, with a mediclorine count that shocks both Luke, and the rest of the Jedi Order. Disney interviewers describe her as "sassy" and "tough." Kristen Stewart is set for the role. 

:bulletyellow: Jango Fett returning from the dead (well, a clone of Jango) to help our heroes. But only for a price. Jango winds up battling Darth Grimmauld and Darth Rapterious, a two-headed alien Jedi and master of lightsabers, on a volcano (or something).  

:bulletorange: The Droids. Yes, it wouldnt' be "Star Wars" without the droids! R2 and 3PO are stranded in a catina on Tattoine, that is run by a human woman played by Betty White. The droids are trying to find a transport off the planet so they can meet Jar Jar's family for the Day of Words, but have no luck. Then the bar is attacked by Imperial Troopers. Luckily, R2 can utilize his rocket boosters to help save the day.

:bulletred: Han and Leia have a heated argument, and Han must convince Leia that he really still loves her. Things only get worse when a bounty hunter after Han's hide begins to flirt with Leia. 

:bulletpurple: Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Kwai-Gon Jin serve as narrators, observing the various subplots and providing commentary.

The official trailer for this special is now you You Tube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0Bvu…
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Betty White?
:iconbettywhiteplz: The one and only.
If I didn't already have a reason to not watch the special...
Oh wait, never mind. :lol:
Seriously though... if they did it, then I would die. :c
Oh my.... this is gonna be like the Christmas special, isn't it? :stare:

I'm scared. I never thought Disney was going to do something like this, but they're doing it! D:
No thanks, I'll stick with the horror that is Wookie Life Day.