Constantine

First of all I love the movie, anyone else?

Second, I just started watching the show last night after discovering its a thing and I have to say its pretty good and worth watching.  Anyone else watch it? 
Comments49
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
At first, it didn't grip me much. But, interestingly enough, the show became slightly better with each new episode, and now that they're halfway with the season, I find myself genuinely hooked! I like where the story is going, the characters grew on me, main actors are fine (Matt Ryan is awesome in the role!), the main theme kicks ass... :D 

I'm hoping the show gets a good, long, run.
i've heard rumors the show may have been canceled already i hope that's wrong 
It's not canceled, but it hadn't yet been renewed for another season either... Things are tense.
oh ok, ya that's not very comforting 
I know this probably isn't the Constantine you were talking about, but: 

Toughpigs April Fool 2014 by Smigliano
I didn't know about Constantine until the show, to be honest. The pilot was great, and although I'm quite behind, I do like it! Matt Ryan is a pretty good choice for the role from what I can tell. The intro is epic as well as the special effects. I also like the drawings of John by Zed and Astra. Looking forward to catching up!
you should watch the movie, its awesome. 
Movie is pretty good, but it's quite different from the original material (Hellblazer comics). The TV show, however, is much closer to the comics, and John Constantine displayed in it is a significantly better representation of the original character.
i realise the main guy is suppose to be a asshole, but, i couldn't get on with him. i found the show to be very much like Supernatural was in its early years, although Supernatural was much better [shame its gone down hill a little now]

stopped watching it; too much other stuff more enjoyable to fill my time
i never watched supernatural, I keep meaning to check it out then I forget. 
well, if you start now the current show on TV in on season 10! the first 6 seasons are epic!
first 6 seasons? its a brand new show. 
Supernatural has been going for years
i know I've heard about it here and there for a while. 
I remember seeing the movie ages ago when it came out, and have been watching the series.  I don't know much about the storyline, but both the movie and series just doesn't interest me much, and the TV show just fails to have much hold on me.  I think it's just that the storyline and characters never really do any interesting things.  There's no drama or overarching stories.
well its not going to appeal to everyone.  but I like the genre. 
Yeah the general idea is pretty good.  Just needs a bit of polish I guess.
I own the movie and have watched it many times. I don't watch it as "Constantine", though; it works for me as a sort of independent project that just happens to share a name. Keanu just isn't that original character, but he's interesting in his own right.

The new series isn't quite as heavy as the movie, but I like the depth the series is attempting. We've already seen Fate's mask and a vision involving Jim Corrigan, so some amazing stuff may be in the offing. I also like the theme song, which is becoming a rare thing these days. The lead feels waaaay more like the canonical John Constantine, except for the insistence on him not smoking.
Keanu and the new guy both smoke, did they not originally? 
I don't recall seeing the new guy smoke, though he drinks like our old John. Yes, John always smoked, leading to one of the best-known storylines in the series.
he smokes in some of the episodes, not a ton but he definitely does.  Have you seen all 5 episodes so far? 
Yes, I have them on every Friday night. I'm usually on my computer at the time, so if I missed it they must have been blink-n-miss-it moments.
ya it hasn't been much 
View all replies