Gen Urobuchi + 40k?

Does anyone think Urobuchi, the writer for Madoka Magica, Psycho Pass, and Fate/Zero could create a good 40k anime? From what I've noticed, Gen's style of writing would be particularly great for an over-the-top brutal, dystopian universe that occasionally raises disturbing questions about existence itself. After all, he loves inserting nihilistic tropes, commenting on utilitarianism, being a "serial killer", delving into more philosophical undertones than average, building up hopes then crushing them, and sabotaging idyllic viewpoints.
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
He would definitely make a good 40k anime. But sometimes I do find he pushes the story in the wrong direction just to live up to his name of being a butcher of character,  y'know? But nonetheless, Madoka, Fate/stay zero, Psycho Pass were all good, so I would think he could do a good job.
I agree. However, 40k offers many excuses and opportunities to kill off characters so Gen's stories are less likely to stray.
Tbh boochi isn't da best writer/director evar!
he can be pretty over the top and a tad pretentious.
That's not to say i think he's bad. i like him. I just don't love him.
Maybe he'll fit. Can you tell me what 40k is about?
Wow, where do I even begin? 40k is an incredibly rich, deep universe, but here it is in a nutshell since I'm a bit lazy:

Warhammer 40k takes place in the far future of the 41st millennium in which humanity is besieged from without and within, and is struggling for its survival in a cruel galaxy where each faction has its own cold agendas. At first, it seems like a shallow power fantasy (unfortunately, it's sometimes marketed as such), but upon further examination, you'll find plenty of subtle, philosophical nuances that sets 40k apart from other universes. You can access the 40k wiki here if you'd like to learn more. There's too much to cover in one post, although much of the 40k lore's undertones and subtext is in line with Urobutcher's (or, Japanese George R.R. Martin, as I like to call him!) writing style.
I see
maybe boochi could make something out of it
Absolutely. If he could write an anime based off of a video game, Fate/Zero, he can definitely write one based off of 40k.