Disney or Dreamworks?

I have always been torn between these 2 colossal entertainment. Which you prefer?
I'm curious >.< 
Comments77
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Let's see here........Disney owns the Muppet studios, Marvel, Pixar, and several timeless classics....Then again, Dreamworks unintentionally started the Brogre religion..........Oh man a tough choice.
not true! You need to choose one :D :D 
Alright then. Disney.
I love both, but somehow I feel more for Disney just because they have a much longer history of quality.
Disney by far.

I think the split is partially based on when your born. Dreamworks didn't really start making films til...early 2000? Shrek pretty much kicked things off for their animation department. Did they have anything notable before that? So if your a kid in the early 90s or earlier, you grew up watching Disney 'traditional' animation and (later) the very occasional dreamworks films, which paled in comparison.

If you were born around the millenium, you hit the cross-road where Disney started to go down-hill, and Dreamworks started making 'good' films. You also get Pixar thrown in there; so pretty much all the animation is CGI...

I agree with what a few others have said; loved 'old' Disney and really hate their newer stuff (bar the occassional Pixar film). I honestly don't care what Disney bring out, unless they shake their game up. Added to that they've become a greedy company taking over other companies, making them a mash of things  rather than an animation house.
I'm much more excited to see what new things Dreamworks brings out, because their films seem to be getting better and better...and Disney... :shrug:
you're right. 
BOTH!!! I love Dreamworks, and I get annoyed when people mistake Dreamworks movies for Disney. But I'd have to say that I like both Dreamworks and Pixar, not Disney. I love the classics, but a lot of the just plain Disney films aren't my favs. Pixar has pretty much never made a bad movie.
Dreamworks is good... but Disney is simply too much for Dreamworks to handle. Disney wins, firmly!
ok ^_^ Disney forever :D
DreamWorks forever <3 Disney can go to hell for all I care~
Ehhhh no preference, really. They've both made some good and bad movies.
I think that while Dreamworks often has better animation (especially CGI), I like Disney's stories better. Plus, it's been around longer and has much more stuff, so I'd have to go with Disney.
I'll happily pick Disney over Dreamworks because when I think of Dreamworks, I think of bombs like Shark Tale.
But... DreamWorks has a lot of brilliant movies. There's really no need to automatically associate them with bombs like that?
I agree with you :)
Because I had to sit though a few of them, yes.
Okay, understandable. I still think it's a little unfair to judge a company by the worst things they've produced, but as long as you're aware that they have made some pretty amazing things and are capable of great things.
Ok, for the mind-breaking question I say...
BOTH!!!
:lol: rvmp 
Whyyyy must you ask me this impossible question? :XD: I'm such an animation freak and believe me I can't decide between these two. But have weaknesses and strengths, ups and downs, it's pretty hard for me to chose.