Supernatural ~ Team Free Will

Team Free Will has always been a huge aspect of Supernatural as a show. The loyalty, brotherhood, and bonds (including the profound ones) between Sam, Dean, and Castiel have inspired and/or touched us all. What does Team Free Will mean to you? :bonklers: 
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Dude, why is it that I get so attached to like... A certain change of a character aspect IE: Dean's situation at the start of season 10, and they snatch it away from me so fast I don't even get to enjoy it. It scares me because I fear that they're never just going to give these characters another abstract go like the first they ever had. If/when they do, nothing is really going to shock us. "Oh dean's dead. Like that hasn't happened and he's not returned 7 billion times in the past." 

God. I needed to get that out lol. 
Yeah, I see what you mean about the dying over and over. It's 98% certain they're going to come back, which takes away some of the tension, but I still think it has some worth. About Demon!Dean, I think three episodes was about all they could do with that character. It was already established very early on that demon!Dean was content to just do whatever he wanted, which would have been endless filler episodes of demon!Dean f'ing up some shizz, Sam chasing him down, almost catching him, but Dean gets away at the last second. That would be boring. Sam would catch him and we'd have the same thing happen that just recently happened. Even though the demon aspect was a pretty cool idea, I - for one - am glad that our Dean is back! Plus, we still have the Mark of Cain to worry about - don't be so sure that Dean is completely human! 
A lot of fun, and some good times spent catching up to all 9 seasons of the show. xD Not sure if I like Dean as a demon though, it's a bit too much of a future angst for a somebody like me xD 
Me too! I finished all nine in about two months (it would have been sooner if I didn't have so much work to do!). I like the concept of Demon!Dean, but I was much happier when he was our regular Dean again. This past episode had me sobbing alone in my room. Well, I guess that's what Supernatural does! 
Ah, I haven't watched the newest episode for exactly that reason...and yeah, not having time as well. xD But, yeah, it is an interesting development, I'm just not sure my heart can take it... (Also, I took a whole summer to watch it, but I was interrupted here and there by not having internet xD) 
Sorry for the spoilers! I just kind of assumed everyone had watched it Sweating a little... 

Good luck! The episode does have some happier notes, if that makes you feel any better...
Don't worry, I was kind of wondering what happened anyway since I don't really have time to watch it myself because life is a bit busy right now xD And even if it wasn't I think I would end up just reading the summaries of episodes because watching them would most certainly break my heart xD
Okay then! It really is worth watching, though. The acting is incredible! 
I know, but I get too emotional, and watching them just breaks my heart :( xD
View all replies
I used to be such a fan od them, but now i think sam has started complaining to much about everything...
I don't think that Sam is "complaining" as much as he is desperate for a solution. Think about in the terms of season 10: the only blood-related family you have left has been yanked out from under you with nothing you can do to stop it. They died. They're gone. But then you find out they're alive, and a monster. A demon, no less. And then you remember you can SAVE THEM. But they don't want to be saved. It creates this miasma of conflict within you. And just think about what else he has to deal with! With Crowley, Cas (though I wouldn't call Cas a 'problem' per se), Cole, and still have time to try and save your only blood-related falimy member! If was in his situation, I'd probably be doing a lot more than complaining! 
Well I think he does.. he spends much more time complaining about his problems than trying to fix them... Dean to me is much cooler and not annoying at all. (just my opinion D:) 
I respect your opinion! I am a dummy! 
And I respect yours :iconyaayplz:
Yay! :happybounce: One big happy family!
omg. im a Destiel shipper and i love me some Sammy Winchester "Moose" 
I ship Destiel too! 
Destiel is life xD
I sold my soul to this show, and then my soul was re-sold to Destiel 
then Demon!Dean happens.... poor Cas. 
Yeah, I dread think of what'll happen when/if they meet face to face! And with his fading grace...

Wow this show is depressing 
Never understood the point of these short-lived "Team X" fads.
Team Free Will is just a nickname for the three main characters of the show. It's just been easier than saying "Sam, Dean, and Castiel." Also, they constantly exhibit that they make their own choices, even when Fate itself denies that their choices are possible. Hence: Team Free Will!