A movie you love that not many other people have seen

what's a little known or older movie you would recommend because people have never seen or even heard of it? I love a lot of older or just weird movies so I have a lot of movies that my friends have never heard of, unless it was from me :P

Here's a few fun movies

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
The Thin Man (1934)
LadyHawke

let me know some of yours!
Comments218
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Dead of Night - a horror mystery... Really interesting.
Tears of Kali, a low budget horror movie with some really interesting ideas.
Peter- no- Tail,  A French animated film from the late 1970s.  About an orphaned kitten born without a tail, taken in by a Paris family. Funny, well- made movie for adults and kids!

King and Mr. Bird, an animated foreign piece as well. 1970s as well.  Fantasy with real- world political messages woven in!  Haven't seen it or Peter in 30 years, so not accurate on their description.

Harvey, a 1950 B&W classic about a man with an imaginary 7- foot rabbit friend.  Very worth checking out!

Time Bandits, 1981.  Awesome visuals and concept! Look it up!
I love Harvey, that is a great film!

I have seen a bit of Time Bandits, but need to watch it all, and I
haven't heard of the others, have to check them out :)
'Castaway on the Moon'!
It's like 'Castaway' in a lot of ways but, in my opinion, better. ConM has a much better approach to the whole "marooned on an island" type plot. There's a really nice "slow down and admire the small things in life" message that is really inspiring. It's a real feel-good movie that I'd recommend to just about anyone! It can get pretty hilarious at times, too XD
ah, that sounds good, I was not a big fan of castaway for that reason.
If you're stuck there at least enjoy some part of it when you can.
Castaway felt soo long. Of course I was younger when I watched it too.
Here are some unknown movies that people probably haven't heard of:

1. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988): I think some people have seen this movie, but it wasn't talked about that much and it does seem to go under the radar of best surreal films for many people.  This movie was fantastic if not a bit weird and all the actors (Eric Idle and Robin Williams especially) were brilliant in this film!

2. The Fool and the Flying Ship (1991): If you haven't seen any Rabbit Ears Productions, then chances are you probably have never heard of this story.  Robin Williams did  a brilliant job at narrating this ancient Russian folktale about a young peasant gathering up a group of people who have superhuman abilities to help him complete several tasks from the Tsar in order to marry his daughter the princess. The illustrations by Henrik Drescher are kooky yet creative at the same time!

3. Mirrormask (2005): Neil Gaiman actually wrote the story for this film and it's about a young girl ending up in a world that mirrors her own world while trying to rescue the good queen from the evil queen in this film. It's pretty bizarre yet creative at the same time!
I've seen Munchausen and Mirrormask.
Fool and the Flying Ship sounds interesting!
Great! The Fool and the Flying Ship is actually similar to Baron Munchausen in tone. You should definitely check it out!
Den enfaldige mördaren (the simple killer). It's a Swedish classic from 1982. The genre is drama and it's about a man (played by Stellan Skarsgård) who is considered retarded because of his speech impediment and harelip. He is treated horribly by his evil and sadistic master. He reads the bible for comfort and starts seeing hallucinations of angels telling him to seek revenge on this evil master.
It's a very powerful movie that leaves a permanent impression. Once you've seen it you can't forget it.
sounds interesting. Sorry late reply, busy week :P
It's okey. I don't know if there are any English subtitles for this movie though. Probably not if you want to see it in a legal way.
ahhh, that would be a problem for me
Maybe it's possible if you stream.
Moon 2009

I recommend it.
Hard Candy. It's An Awesome Movie~ :D
Oh, I have seen Hard Candy!
That is one intense film man, but yes, very good
Wow!! That's Awesome!! Most People I Talk To Never Heard Of It Before.
I did first see it in one of my film classes, I think it was in my crime in film course,
but yeah, really good one :)
The Marginal Ones (1977)
Directed by Mrinal Sen who's style and themes are similar to that of famed Indian director Satyajit Ray made this entertaining film about a father and son making do in their village. He was heavily involved in politics and his films were influenced by it.

Au Revoir Taipei (2010)
A really really cute romantic comedy.

Enclosure (1961)
A war prison drama similar to Stalag 17, The Grand Illusion and Kapo.

Noisy Requiem (1988)
A hypnotising (possibly sickening) movie about the outcasts of Japan.

If I Had A Gun (1972)
A boys experiences and fantasies in a Czechoslovakian  village during Germany's occupation.

The Strange Case of Senor Computer (2000)
Starts out horrible but it becomes oh so wonderful. Very funny movie and you can watch it at www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BH3Ud…

One Point 0 (2004)
A weird story that works on multiple levels.

The White Sun of The Desert (1970)
A Russian Spaghetti Western

Ifigeneia (1977)
Based on a play by Euripides. Basically great acting from all.

After Life (1998)
A very different take on the fable of after life life.

Flatworld (1997)
A colourful, zany cartoon regarding the exploitation of a television remote.

Pepe Le Moko (1937)
Probably my favourite gangster flick.
Oooo, I'm not sure I've heard of any of these ones