Closed to new replies
February 25, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Avengers writers can't read???

:iconevanesces:
evanesces Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
Did anyone notice (or even care) that the Avengers movie, did not feature the original Avengers (Ant Man, Wasp, Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man), like I know all the recent DC character movies had hawkeye, and captain america, but they aren't the original avengers...

Okay, maybe this forum should be called Captian America writers can't read, cause the commercials for the Captian America movie with Chris Evans kept saying, 'meet the first avenger'.... and sadly, he isn't.... basically captian america was still on ice when the avengers first formed.....

Anyone elses thoughts, please....

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkellascait:
KellasCait Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ant man and Wasp aren't as well known as the rest of the characters in the avengers, it makes sense on a finincal level to include characters that are known to the public more so than others hence bringing a bigger audience. They are making an Ant-man movie I think with Edger Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) so you might see him in a future avengers movie. Side note I've never really saw Ant-man as intresting as other avenger member.
:iconsvenovic:
Svenovic Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's a different universe. Marvel movies aren't meant to be exact adaptations.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Marvel themselves make the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies and they all have their own continuity and backstory to them. The comics came together as artists, writers and editors collaborated over decades of time, the movies have a more limited timeframe and has to make its internal logic work more smoothly. So to tie all these characters together a lot of stuff was added (link between Tonys father and Steve, early SHIELD introduction, early baking in of Asgard in the cosmology of the movies, link between the Super Soldier Serum and Hulk, etc). Ant-Man and Wasps introductory movie is still in preproduction and Egar Wright will direct it some time after he's done with his latest one.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist
You should call the news because this is the first time a film hasn't been true to the source material :lol:

For one, it's Marvel and not DC. DC is a separate company/universe all together. Two, the movie was fun and made over one billion dollars...the writers don't care if they were the originals or not. It seems you're the only one that cares.
:iconcombatkaiser:
Combatkaiser Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
IMO captain america got associated with the avengers too much that it's almost impossible to make an avenger movie/tv show/cartoon without him (remember the 90s avenger cartoon that did not have thor,ironman and cap in the roster?)
evanesces Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
i do... it was great
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional Artist
It's a separate universe for the movies. I'd think a comic book fan would know the clear signs of "we're making it our own while sticking to what's familiar" style of movie/TV show adaptations of characters.

Look at it this way, it's not nearly as "lets ***k with shit" like Ultimate Spider-Man.
evanesces Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
by introducing miles as the new spiderman, i think it was refreshing
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Professional Artist
I was referring to the TV show, which has no freshness and is a essentially a walking ad campaign for Marvel.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'd originally heard that they were gonna do Antman before Avengers, but now I hear he gets a movie in like 2014 or something :s Thinking from a big-screen perspective, I suspect they just found him a lot less appealing (talking to ants as a power isn't quite as sexy, probably). Note that somehow Tony Stark was like front and center in the movie. He looks good onscreen.
Add a Comment: