Closed to new replies
February 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

The Twilight Zone anyone?

:iconventriloquistic:
Ventriloquistic Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
What are some of your favorite episodes?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjesseallshouse:
JesseAllshouse Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
Another heavily parodied episode is To Serve Man. It's pretty entertaining and I love how silly the aliens look.:alien:

Speaking of which it seems the quality of their special effects were lacking when compared to Outer Limits. Certainly Twilight Zone was able to cast more stars though. That could be attributed to a lack in budget for special effects.
:iconrobertten:
Robertten Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
The Hitch-Hiker I thought was an amazing episode. The girl was just a great actress and it was a really creepy episode. And the ending was great too.
Ventriloquistic Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional General Artist
Yup. They had a lot of good and famous actors in there, like Charles Beaumont, who also wrote many episodes. And you are right, the Hitch-Hiker was another amazing one.
JesseAllshouse Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
Very creepy and love the ending, "I believe you're going...my way?!"
:iconreluctantzombie:
ReluctantZombie Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Death's Head Revisited.
JesseAllshouse Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
So many incredible ones, Rod Serling was a genius. My favorites start with both the Williams Shatner episodes Nick of Time (the one where he is obsessed with the fortune teller machine in the diner) and Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, which might be the most iconic TZ episode of all time. The Burgess Meredith episode Time Enough at Last where he plays a bookworm who survives the H-bomb blast and is alone to read all he wants until his eye glasses break. Possibly the best written episode ever was The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street. The power goes out in this town after something crashes out of the sky. The towns' people are so panicked they start turning on each other.

Richard Matheson wrote a bunch of good episodes as well. His best maybe the episode The Invaders where an old woman gets attacked by a tiny UFO that is revealed to be an U.S. Air Force space ship. Weird that there is virtually no dialogue in the episode. Ray Bradbury wrote a decent episode about a robot Grandmother called I Sing the Body Electric. The episode Living Doll is super creepy. It's the one where the little girl's doll talks, "My name is Talky Tina and I'm going to kill you." That still freaks me out. Another really good one is I Am the Night, Color Me Black where they are gonna hang the guy at sunrise but on the day of his execution the sun won't rise.

I have so many fond memories of watching this show. Still love Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. Just realized how many episodes of TZ that The Simpsons ripped off. The X-Files used a TZ plot as well. It is probably one of the most parodied TV shows ever.
Ventriloquistic Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional General Artist
Yes, most of them are amazing and have inspired a lot of people! What really surprises me is how they manage to turn the plot around and leave you thinking nearly each and every time. It would be great to have another TV show with as much originality.
:icondooodlebug3000:
Dooodlebug3000 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
The Chaser, One For the Angels,In His Image, Nick of Time, And When the Sky was Opened...actually, I have so many favorites, the list would be way too long to put here. :)
Ventriloquistic Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
"One For the Angels" is one of my favorites too. I really liked "Will the real Martian Please Stand Up?". Ha, it is pretty hard to choose, I got the box set during the holidays and there are so many good stories.
:icondooodlebug3000:
Dooodlebug3000 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I forgot about the Martian! Always loved that one, and so does my dad. :)
Add a Comment: