Details

Closed to new replies
February 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1
:icongloomypandabear:
GloomyPandaBear Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
XXY is a great movie in my opinion. It's about a girl/boy named Alex, who is shown mostly as a girl. To put it lightly, she has both parts. As the movie goes on, you start to see how confused she is, of who she is, what gender she is, and her sexual orientation(that last one isn't really discussed, only for a second it is) This isn't worded well but the movie is great. It's a foreign film, it's in Spanish.(probably not even considered a foreign film)
It really gets you thinking, and I almost cried around the end but it was because her father was letting her make her own decisions. To me he seemed like a caring father. I was going through something with my own father, but now things are ok, but while watching the movie I felt a little sad because of that.
It's kinda sad how the people who know about her and don't really understand treat her like she's a freak of nature. Some may say that she is, some may say she's not. I didn't think she was, I felt sorry for her not because she was both female and male, but because how everyone tried to make her into what they wanted her to be. Which was a female, but she got sick of the medications and how people treated her. She knows what she feels, and she should be the one deciding what gender she really is.
This is a great movie, I don't want to say too much so I'll stop here.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwhocaresaboutthis:
that sounds like a great movie i wanna watch it now
Add a Comment: