Movies that are art work!

I got 2: Beetlejuice and The 13 th warrior!
Comments107
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
most of the ones i would of said have already been posted, but how about:

Valhalla Rising
300 looked alot like art.
Children of Men
Perks of Being a Wallflower. Unusual choice maybe, but there is a very distinct quality in the movie. It's like a book in movie form, probably because the writer did most of the writing for it too.

And yes, Life of Pi, man it's artsy. Add Cloud Atlas to the list as well. It's more about the ideas than the action and scenery. Oh, Pan's Labyrinth. Sticks with you and you just appreciate the sort of dark quality it has.
All films that are not shitty super hero movies or romantic comedies.
So you hated the Watchmen movie? Ps: i wanted to punch doc Manhatan so bad ;_;
Well, I never seen that movie. I wish I could of scene that movie. I just remember my family seeing all 3 spider movies when I was 7 and they did not want me to leave.
Yea, spider man was annoying as fuck. And the actress playing Mary Jane was so ugly it made my eyes bleed and brain leave ;_;
I guess that is what a shallow show is meant for you to do. Let your brain go away.
Yea, not much story either.
Isn't film a form of art as it already is?
Agreed. Except for all films starring Adam Sandler.
hes fuckin funny lol well his old stuff is funny anyway
I agree mostly with `saintartaud.

Peter Greenaway's films are all meticulously crafted visually. Andrei Tarkovsky's films make the simplest, most mundane things look appealing.

Black Narcissus: It's as pretty as a painting, because the more magnificent images actually are paintings.

In The Mood For Love: Basically all of Kar Wai Wong's films are good looking, sometimes though the style is a little too domineering.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Blade Runner

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring: A lot of Ki-duk Kim's films are pretty, but this one definitely stands out.

The City of Lost Children: It's the only film I've watched that seems to just pop out of the screen.
Pina!
Or
Sexual Chronicles of a French Family,
watched the last one in Human Sexuality this year. Very graphic so please don't watch it unless you're over 18. But the filming was AMAZING. :squee:
"...don't watch it unless you're over 18." < what you say when you want all the 12 year old's and younger to watch something :)
But I really really don't! Like, no. Don't, Its all dead incest rape.. DON'T.
Lol, i see you are now advertising fore the ones 8 and under...
You know what you have to say in order to stop kids from wanting to watch, this:
- Hey guy, just watched the most romantic drama, it really is not as boring as every one says.
I should've thought of that. >.<
View all replies
No one has mentioned "Yellow Submarine" yet? Also "Paprika."