Closed to new replies
January 25, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 396

Earliest Memory of Anime?

:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What was your earliest memory of anime, what got you into it all?

Mine was finding robotech and voltron at the video store back when i was a kid in the late 80's

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondevil-of-my-own:
devil-of-my-own Jun 1, 2013  Student General Artist
pokemon ... and beyblade
:icondudeimmagirl:
DudeImmaGirl Jun 1, 2013  Student General Artist
Sailor moon :) it used to be on tv and I watched it with my sisters :)
:iconanimefreak521:
animefreak521 May 30, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
When I was very little, Pokemon and Sailor Moon, maybe a little of Cardcaptor Sakura.
:iconpuddlelane4:
puddlelane4 May 28, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Mew Mew Power!!!
:iconkaifuu:
kaifuu May 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Pokemon when I was...4? Good times xD
:iconjadejungle:
JadeJungle May 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My dad let me watch Kiki's Delivery Service at some point when I was a wee lad, thought I didn't actually learn what anime was until I was 12. The first anime I watched that I knew was "anime" was Minami-Ke or something, I think.
:iconjarringx:
jarringx May 23, 2013  Student General Artist
it was an anime on sci fi, or whatever they called it back then.. they haven't introduced it on cartoon network yet, but they showed some late night crazy animes every now and then i think on tuesdays? i don't remember what it was called but there was some crazy scientist doing some crazy experiments in a laboratory. we(me and my dad) didn't watch much of it. i watched a little bit of anime on sci fi...then they started showing the first part of dbz on cartoon network and i started buying vhs copies of slayers at a movie store. i also had a magazine that would come once a month and have a list of animes i could choose from they would send me in the mail for a subscription. most of the vhs movies i had came from there except for akira and armitage the third. pretty sure i found those at suncoast...as well as slayers. think i was about.. 8 or 9 when i started watching them on the sci fi channel. in 7th grade maybe 6th when they started playing dbz on cartoon network. anyone know when they started dbz on cartoon network? i graduated 8th grade in 2000. i got tired of dbz when they went to namek. i got tired of the filler episodes and cheesy over-exaggeration as well as the 6+ episode long fights that were complete waste of time and money. a friend of mine kept watching it afterwards and i got to see trunks come back from the future and heard about vegeta and bulma and i was like /facepalm, this is almost as bad as family guy. they should get some manatees to do their work for them or something. (hope someone here gets that reference). fucking level caps...smh
:iconusagi-zakura:
Usagi-Zakura May 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Moomins.
Granted I didn't know it was anime until several years later...the books they're based on are Finnish but the cartoon was made in Japan, technically making it anime:B
:iconmindkiller1989:
Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo. I saw DBZ when the Frieza Saga was first airing, and I think the first time I saw Pokemon was about the fourth or fifth episode EVER...
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 May 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
ya i remember watching the first season of pokemon back in highschool
Add a Comment: