Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Big Bang Theory

:iconemeraldmaster:
emeraldmaster Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
I just wanted to start a conversation about the show, mostly because I get called a "Sheldon" all the time. What appeals most to you about the show?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrjnox:
Rjnox Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh, we had to watch this stuff in physics classes in school.
Our teacher: :rofl:
Me: :O --> :stinkeye: --> :stupidme: --> :stare:
:iconxmaddy-felt:
xmaddy-felt Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013   Writer
The thing that really bugs me about the show is the lack of representation of female nerds. It seems unrealistic that Bernadette or Amy would not being into anything like comic books or the like. That just because they are girls they can't show an interest in that kind of stuff. When Amy was first on the show she seemed smarter in the way they wrote her. Now she's just Sheldon's girlfriend. The way they write female characters just bothers me. I would also have to agree that they make fun of the fans. I used to really like this show too, but lately it has just gone down hill.
:iconpickleparfe:
PickleParfe Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Digital Artist
As a creationist, I don't like it.

But thats only my opinion.
emeraldmaster Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student General Artist
And I respect it.
emeraldmaster Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student General Artist
I get called Sheldon because I easily get obsessed with things, am socially akward, MAJOR OCD, and a nerd.
And I agree on the maturity thing! I think that Penny looks all right, but I do nat want to see her frack Leonerd in EVERY episode! Tone it down a little please!
:iconferaltao:
FeralTao Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
It's mostly how socially inadequate Sheldon is and I think they've caught the typical traits of a sociopath quite nicely. Especially how he, despite that he makes life difficult for those around him, has a severe superiority complex and shows little to no positive emotion towards others, manages to twist them all towards him and demands their attention and liking.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
So much stuff, related to actual science and geek-culture, is misinformed in that show. So I guess it's the satisfaction of actually knowing why they're wrong. 

That laugh track is all they have going for them, comedy-wise
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
I hate this show cuz it ruined my Christmas :saddummy:
:iconpepperseeds:
PepperSeeds Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
lol sheldon has the best sociopathic tendencies. very original character, and the guy who plays him is SUPER talented. (think he got an emmy on 2010? forget the name of that award) all in all great show, wish they made it a little less mature so that kids could get into it as well.
emeraldmaster Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student General Artist
I see what you mean by the maturity, I find myself leaving sometimes because I don't care to watch the "sex" on that show... It is wierd sometimes.
Add a Comment: