The anime tournament round 1

[link]
So, which shows are you cheering for? Which shows do you REALLY hope don't win? Is there a particular match where you felt it was tough to choose?
Comments16
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
round 9 was a punch to my gut! fma:brotherhood and wolf's rain are my 2 fav animes
Wow, you did a good job on this poll, since you matched up series that are in the same genre, or they share a lot of similar characteristics. It was tough to choose between FMAB and Wolf's Rain.
Yeah, for every predictable one I made (Such as Afro Samurai vs. Samurai Champloo and Haruhi Suzumiya vs. Lucky Star) I also made sure to do completely different ones (Such as Speed Racer vs. Mushi-Shi and Ouran Highschool Hostclub vs. Trigun)
Ooh yeah, the Trigun vs. Ouran Highschool Hostclub was pretty unpredictable--and yet they do both have optimistic blondes. XD
F-Zero GP Legend and Inspector Gadget are the best animes ever
I don't think Inspector Gadget counts.
The animation was outsourced to taiwanese and japanese animation studios. So technically, it is an anime. Just because it's not kawaii or sparkly or yaoi or the characters have huge tumorous eyeballs, doesn't mean it's not an anime.

Personally I think IG is a good thing for the cesspool that anime is :lol:
I'm hoping that anything by Studo Ghibli wins. Otherwise, all is lost.
This is for series'. If there are actually people who care about this, I may do one for movies.
Okay, in that case as long as nothing silly like Pokemon, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and so on.
No, no. I'm hardcore like that.
Okay, I did include Sailor Moon, but my sister begged me to, alright?
Eh, Sailor Moon is acceptable due to both grandfather and having actual qualities as an anime.
Oops, looks like I posted the link to the results page.
Here is where to vote: [link]