Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 26

National TV Awards: Merlin, VS Downtown Abbey, VS Doctor Who, VS Sherlock!

:iconwhatitmeanstobehuman:
WhatItMeansToBeHuman Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
For the British NTA, this year the fans have been placed in front of an awful dilemma for the Best Drama, with only one possible choice between these shows:

- Downtown Abbey
- Merlin
- Sherlock
- Doctor Who

Did YOU vote? :D

Who would you choose if you could? (More than one answer is possible here)

Have you seen all of these series? What's your favorite and why?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconakuin-akka:
akuin-akka Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I know this is a little past the point, but can I comment on how surprised I was to find that Downtown Abbey won? I mean, obviously they had to have a decent fan-base to be nominated, but against Doctor Who or even Sherlock, I doubted they'd win. :o

I was vying for Merlin, for the obvious reason of it being the last season and also the best to date. 5x13 had me in tears and laughter and just all around, a giant hot mess.
WhatItMeansToBeHuman Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Exactly!!
When they said "Downtown Abbey" I just couldn't believe it!
i mean, seriously, how the hell did they get all those votes?!

I'd really like to see a new season of Merlin, maybe about when Arthur wakes up from his sleep...^^
:iconkarinta:
Karinta Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student General Artist
My parents are insane about Downton Abbey. I like Sherlock.
WhatItMeansToBeHuman Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:D
I'm crazy about Sherlock right now...
Keeping up with all the tidbits of information Mark Gatiss and Moffat are leaking on season 3...WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG?? >_<
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Sherlock and Doctor Who trump the rest, especially Downtown Abbey. I never understood all the praise it got.
WhatItMeansToBeHuman Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Mmmm, yes I still have to watch it, it's not top on my list because there aren't any good-looking guys on the cover....XD
:iconkakashi95fan:
Kakashi95fan Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Merlin. :heart:
I have watched all of the TV-shows except for Doctor Who, and I have to say Merlin wins big time for me!
The humor mixed with all the drama and darkness are in a perfect mix, even if I'm still sad over the ending of the show.
5x13 was so sad!!! :tears:
But yes, one of the best shows I've ever watched- even if Sherlock is a great show too. :D

And no, I didn't vote- I'm from Sweden,
so I can't vote in a program from Britain. ;)
WhatItMeansToBeHuman Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Agreed, 5x13 was so sad it still makes me want to cry right now....
An excellent finale for the series!

Though I still prefer DW and Sherlock overall because Merlin is way more predictable, and seriously...
THE OBVIOUSNESS OF IT ALL. How can the characters never realize what is just beneath their nose!?

But seriously, try Doctor Who! It's really a good series, and you have 11 Doctors to choose from to start watching it! ^^
Besides, it's the 50th anniversary this year :D
:iconkakashi95fan:
Kakashi95fan Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
And Colin Morgan is guest-player in one of the episodes~ :heart:
WhatItMeansToBeHuman Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yaaay ^^
I have to see "Midnight" again now that I've finished Merlin :D
Add a Comment: