Dammit Sword Art!

Sword Art was a wonderful and well made anime. It really is and I recommend you watch it....and STOP COMPLETELY AT EP 14!!!!!!

That ending was PERFECT GODDAMN PERFECT and they RUINED IT by continuing the series!

It actually is quite good though if you can bear with these three problems.

1 - continued when it shouldn't have been. I'd be fine with OVAs and spinoffs but (SPOILER ALERT) when he wakes up (like you didn't know that was coming) they should have just cut it there! The story was over! Everyone was saved (except the people who died).

2 - YOU NEVER SEE KLEIN AGAIN! Dude, he had so many cameos! You just had this feeling that he was important! But then the series was like LOL NOPE! :iconwthplz: NO SIGNIFICANCE FOR YOU KLEIN!

3 - How many people went "OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S AURA!" When Yui appeared?
Comments101
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You should read the light novel. It's so good :D I was so disappointed that Sword Art Online ended, though. It went a lot further in the novel.
lol i'm staring to :)
you do realise there was a whole novel series in japan that they based the anime off of right? I wish theyd continue the series
Yeah I know, I'll probably get around to reading it at some point lol. Does it get better?
I cant read japanese that well so havent read it yet but I really want to
aw that's a shame...I'm trying to see if anyone's got translations up, I'll pm you if I find any
I enjoyed watching the show, however i was expecting more from it.
In my opinion they should have focused on the SAO story arc and close with Kirito beating the game. However, i haven't read the light novel so i can't really say whether that would've been possible.
It really left me perplex, what a waste of time.
Yeah, it was a little short. I actually think they should have made more use of their time, say extend the original SAO story to maybe 20 more episodes to give Kirito and Asuna's rushed relationship a little more time to develop (also you never do see them slash through a boss like in the OP) and then made the second part another arc in it's own right.

Hm...I wouldn't say it was a waste of time, the artwork and animation were pretty decent and their music was great. It did leave me unsatisfied though.
Good artwork and animation isn't the only thing that matters, there are little things in the story that bother me and other people.
Well yeah, the story could use a little work, it did connect together and make sense though, and it did wrap itself up pretty neatly. I'm inclined just to watch for the music though, the have some really good sound tracks.
Agreed, that and also the fight scenes, those were really good =O
XD I know right? I still want to see that fight they use in the OP where Kirito and Asuna take down this boss with crossing sword strokes....why do we never see that?
Yeah, that was epic!
Instead they fought togheter only the first boss of Aincrad, if i remember correctly...that was good.
I agree anyway, it would've been even better with Kirito AND Asuna fighting the blue demon. They should really do a bonus clip with those two fighting the boss, i would even pay for that *w*
View all replies
ya deff stop at episode 14 skip everything and continue with episode 24

i personally kinda liked the random other game he went into
Pretty much lol

the other game was ok....it just didn't really have as much impact to it after SAO.
ya, tho i really want to know what the death penalty that got them so scared of dying, did they lose a level or something?

kirito's fight with the salamander general guy was real badass tho!
I know right? The whole time I was like "....wait don't you just respawn in town?"

That fight was indeed very epic XD
I enjoyed SAO a lot. The first season was really good,and I agree it kinda should have stopped there when the game was won. However, the second part was okay. It shows how stupid people can be with technology and mind fuck people over without knowing it. Also that molesting a hot minor in a digital world is gross, but marrying her off while she's in a comma is perfectly normal. Idk... I enjoyed it but it was to much in my opinion. When some dumbass from Japan creates that technology for gaming and mass produces it I am definitely not buying because of this anime. Less confusing than .hack :p
SAO was neat, wrapped up and simple. I dunno Alfheim seemed kind of unnecessary to me. Like someone in studio said "guys.....we need to put more fanservice to milk as much as we can out of this series!"

lol I totally would to be totally honest, because it sounds like such an amazing experience.

Lol .//hack is not for everybody. Its plot line is very detailed and intricate. You never really get all of it, and are forced to draw your own conclusions. Every fragment you get simply makes you ask more questions. The thing is, you need all the pieces of an endless puzzle.

Basically, you either get into it, find things, and LOVE!!!!! the series....or you get ambivalent and brush it off =P
I really decided not to watch more than ep 14, but I ended up doing so anyway and I cried my face off. But I don't complain about the story of ALFheim, because there was SO MUCH FEELS and that made the real ending really great.
lol I wish I had your restraint and just stop at EP 14 lol. I dunno that one was the "OH MY GOD FEEEEEEEEELS! :iconcutecryplz:" for me. Later it seemed to be less about his personal development (like pretty much eps 1-14 were) and more about this thing with his sister.

The ending was decent.... but KLEIN!
Yes, I admit I also missed Klein. And Agil. :iconcraiplz: