Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 100

Dammit Sword Art!

:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Sword Art was a wonderful and well made anime. It really is and I recommend you watch it....and STOP COMPLETELY AT EP 14!!!!!!

That ending was PERFECT GODDAMN PERFECT and they RUINED IT by continuing the series!

It actually is quite good though if you can bear with these three problems.

1 - continued when it shouldn't have been. I'd be fine with OVAs and spinoffs but (SPOILER ALERT) when he wakes up (like you didn't know that was coming) they should have just cut it there! The story was over! Everyone was saved (except the people who died).

2 - YOU NEVER SEE KLEIN AGAIN! Dude, he had so many cameos! You just had this feeling that he was important! But then the series was like LOL NOPE! :iconwthplz: NO SIGNIFICANCE FOR YOU KLEIN!

3 - How many people went "OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S AURA!" When Yui appeared?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpandachooo:
pandachooo Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You should read the light novel. It's so good :D I was so disappointed that Sword Art Online ended, though. It went a lot further in the novel.
HametsuNoCharge Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
lol i'm staring to :)
:iconhypermetroid:
HyperMetroid Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
you do realise there was a whole novel series in japan that they based the anime off of right? I wish theyd continue the series
HametsuNoCharge Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah I know, I'll probably get around to reading it at some point lol. Does it get better?
HyperMetroid Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I cant read japanese that well so havent read it yet but I really want to
aw that's a shame...I'm trying to see if anyone's got translations up, I'll pm you if I find any
HyperMetroid Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
thanks
you're welcome
:iconrollinlol95:
Rollinlol95 Jan 20, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I enjoyed watching the show, however i was expecting more from it.
In my opinion they should have focused on the SAO story arc and close with Kirito beating the game. However, i haven't read the light novel so i can't really say whether that would've been possible.
It really left me perplex, what a waste of time.
HametsuNoCharge Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah, it was a little short. I actually think they should have made more use of their time, say extend the original SAO story to maybe 20 more episodes to give Kirito and Asuna's rushed relationship a little more time to develop (also you never do see them slash through a boss like in the OP) and then made the second part another arc in it's own right.

Hm...I wouldn't say it was a waste of time, the artwork and animation were pretty decent and their music was great. It did leave me unsatisfied though.
Add a Comment: