Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 100

Dammit Sword Art!

:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Sword Art was a wonderful and well made anime. It really is and I recommend you watch it....and STOP COMPLETELY AT EP 14!!!!!!

That ending was PERFECT GODDAMN PERFECT and they RUINED IT by continuing the series!

It actually is quite good though if you can bear with these three problems.

1 - continued when it shouldn't have been. I'd be fine with OVAs and spinoffs but (SPOILER ALERT) when he wakes up (like you didn't know that was coming) they should have just cut it there! The story was over! Everyone was saved (except the people who died).

2 - YOU NEVER SEE KLEIN AGAIN! Dude, he had so many cameos! You just had this feeling that he was important! But then the series was like LOL NOPE! :iconwthplz: NO SIGNIFICANCE FOR YOU KLEIN!

3 - How many people went "OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S AURA!" When Yui appeared?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpandachooo:
pandachooo Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You should read the light novel. It's so good :D I was so disappointed that Sword Art Online ended, though. It went a lot further in the novel.
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
lol i'm staring to :)
:iconhypermetroid:
HyperMetroid Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
you do realise there was a whole novel series in japan that they based the anime off of right? I wish theyd continue the series
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah I know, I'll probably get around to reading it at some point lol. Does it get better?
HyperMetroid Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I cant read japanese that well so havent read it yet but I really want to
aw that's a shame...I'm trying to see if anyone's got translations up, I'll pm you if I find any
HyperMetroid Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
thanks
you're welcome
:iconrollinlol95:
Rollinlol95 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I enjoyed watching the show, however i was expecting more from it.
In my opinion they should have focused on the SAO story arc and close with Kirito beating the game. However, i haven't read the light novel so i can't really say whether that would've been possible.
It really left me perplex, what a waste of time.
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah, it was a little short. I actually think they should have made more use of their time, say extend the original SAO story to maybe 20 more episodes to give Kirito and Asuna's rushed relationship a little more time to develop (also you never do see them slash through a boss like in the OP) and then made the second part another arc in it's own right.

Hm...I wouldn't say it was a waste of time, the artwork and animation were pretty decent and their music was great. It did leave me unsatisfied though.
Rollinlol95 Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Good artwork and animation isn't the only thing that matters, there are little things in the story that bother me and other people.
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well yeah, the story could use a little work, it did connect together and make sense though, and it did wrap itself up pretty neatly. I'm inclined just to watch for the music though, the have some really good sound tracks.
Agreed, that and also the fight scenes, those were really good =O
XD I know right? I still want to see that fight they use in the OP where Kirito and Asuna take down this boss with crossing sword strokes....why do we never see that?
Yeah, that was epic!
Instead they fought togheter only the first boss of Aincrad, if i remember correctly...that was good.
I agree anyway, it would've been even better with Kirito AND Asuna fighting the blue demon. They should really do a bonus clip with those two fighting the boss, i would even pay for that *w*
Yeah....poor Diabel. To be fair they were like lvl 20-30 at the time yeah?

It owudl have...but then Klein would have been left to carry out all the soldiers and they wouldn't have a chance to establish how badass wielding two swords could be (the answer......VERY!!!!)
(1 Reply)
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
ya deff stop at episode 14 skip everything and continue with episode 24

i personally kinda liked the random other game he went into
Pretty much lol

the other game was ok....it just didn't really have as much impact to it after SAO.
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
ya, tho i really want to know what the death penalty that got them so scared of dying, did they lose a level or something?

kirito's fight with the salamander general guy was real badass tho!
I know right? The whole time I was like "....wait don't you just respawn in town?"

That fight was indeed very epic XD
:iconsaki-usagishi:
Saki-Usagishi Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I enjoyed SAO a lot. The first season was really good,and I agree it kinda should have stopped there when the game was won. However, the second part was okay. It shows how stupid people can be with technology and mind fuck people over without knowing it. Also that molesting a hot minor in a digital world is gross, but marrying her off while she's in a comma is perfectly normal. Idk... I enjoyed it but it was to much in my opinion. When some dumbass from Japan creates that technology for gaming and mass produces it I am definitely not buying because of this anime. Less confusing than .hack :p
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
SAO was neat, wrapped up and simple. I dunno Alfheim seemed kind of unnecessary to me. Like someone in studio said "guys.....we need to put more fanservice to milk as much as we can out of this series!"

lol I totally would to be totally honest, because it sounds like such an amazing experience.

Lol .//hack is not for everybody. Its plot line is very detailed and intricate. You never really get all of it, and are forced to draw your own conclusions. Every fragment you get simply makes you ask more questions. The thing is, you need all the pieces of an endless puzzle.

Basically, you either get into it, find things, and LOVE!!!!! the series....or you get ambivalent and brush it off =P
:iconkoppkaka:
Koppkaka Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student General Artist
I really decided not to watch more than ep 14, but I ended up doing so anyway and I cried my face off. But I don't complain about the story of ALFheim, because there was SO MUCH FEELS and that made the real ending really great.
lol I wish I had your restraint and just stop at EP 14 lol. I dunno that one was the "OH MY GOD FEEEEEEEEELS! :iconcutecryplz:" for me. Later it seemed to be less about his personal development (like pretty much eps 1-14 were) and more about this thing with his sister.

The ending was decent.... but KLEIN!
:iconkoppkaka:
Koppkaka Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student General Artist
Yes, I admit I also missed Klein. And Agil. :iconcraiplz:
I know right? I mean Agil couldn't maybe log in for an hour to make sure Kirito wasn't doing anything super stupid? He's not the most logical guy around when he gets emotional.
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student General Artist
well no one was forcing you to watch it ;) when I don't like something I stop watching it. I find spoilers have helped so much with me keeping up with things. I know of a lot of fans of this series, I don't see how. it's like watching a modern version of .hack. but the creator/s did bring it along giving it many episodes and many fans are disappointed and wanting more. always up to the creator/s final say in the matter :)
Lol no, I like the series, despite it faults. For an anime it was very neat because, by god, what I wouldn't have given for Naruto to have been wrapped up in less 100 eps.

Well .//hack was old, but it was really something special, most notably SIGN and IMOQ. You'd have to do quite a bit to live up to a legacy like that. Whatever writers they hired, were really invested into their job, and the animation never failed to live up to the current standards at the time. Hell sometime I go into Mac Anu just to be there lol.

Sword Art would have been better (though maybe not as good) if they'd just given us a little more expository and character development I think...But your right ultimate, the company gets the final say.
:iconducatrevel:
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student Writer
I don't think the first half was"perfect". It was riddled with faults and un-anchored drama, but it was forgivable. I agree that the second half was trash though. Just horrid. The show would've definitely done better without it. Maybe it wouldn't have as much haters if it did end earlier.
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, the first part was kind of rushed....but then again...did you really want to watch him grind levels? They didn't give their relationship much insight either, but episode 15. Episode 15 was the PERFECT ending! When he started out the door I just went :iconcutecryplz: "AAAAAAAW! Go Kirito, go!"

Alfheim.....weakened the series I think...It was cute, but I think they should have made it it's own little spin off, like time skipped or something, and removed the crush thing with his sister....that was just...kind of weird.
I was just depressed that the "battle-to-the-death" story was shriveled up and reduced to a romance. And not a great romance at that. And I would've liked to see some level grinding. It would've been cool. Not all of it. Just the major points.

The incest bit was creepy. And the villain in Alfheim was weak. And fairies. Really? It was SAO minus the "you-could-die-for-real!" plus some incest fanservice. Tentacles. Tentacles.
well, partially. But then again, think of all the girls who died, got blown off by him. They were trying to turn this into a romance...they just didn't know how to do it :iconloolplz: . As it was they needed something to serve as a trigger for Kirito to completely lose it and win over the all-powerful Kayaba (who was an awesome villain).

yeeeeeeeaaaah....that. Well, the thing is that, it's established that dying is like blah, whatever, so it doesn't make sense when they're so emotional over someone dying, like when Leafa saves him from the tower or when Recon dies...I was going "wait wouldn't they just respawn in town?"

Oh god the tentacles *shivers*
That's the thing. Like you said, the romance was a plot device so Kirito could "believe-in-the-heart-of-the-cards" or "Believe-in-the-him-who-believes-in-him" or something like that and defeat Kayaba.

So yeah, second half. Gunk.
:iconkaminaplz: :iconsaysplz: Who the HELL do you think I AM?!

.....you brought it up :iconwhatisthisplz:

hm...they did kind of skirt over it a little too fast. I might've appreciated it a bit more if they'd slowed down and had him spend more time with Asuna (instead of us just assuming they saw each other on and off during the time skips).

lol
I see your point. If they fleshed out the relationship more it would've been a far better show.
I think so at least. They you would have seen an actual reason for him to be so crazy when she died. As it was...it came off kind of...weak? Even though the viewers could sort of relate to it....the Yui episode definitely helped.
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
What channel is it on? And whats so special about it?
It doesn't air in the US and I don't know about Europe or Latin America. I watched it online.

Ah, if you're a fan of .//hack there are a lot of things in Sword Art the really make you wonder.

Otherwise, the main character is, for once, a total introverted loner with....issues :D instead of your typical Shounen hero....and there are funny moments :)
Is it episodic? Or does it just go on a story?
It's an on going story.
Oh boy, well. I guess I should see it from the first episode.
hahaha, don't worry there are only 25 :) it's relatively short.

all though....after you watch ep 14, my personal advice is to let it alone for a day...let that one really sink in and make you smile......then come back for 15 lol
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Okay, I will see about it.
Happy watching...if you like, you might also like .//Hack...That one has an English dub, but it's not playing anymore sadly.
:iconpedrocorreia:
pedrocorreia Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Am i the only one who actually liked the second season? (aside from Klein being completely forgotten).

Well, people say that "the Tinker-bell Arc" was the worse in the series, but if it get enough popularity they might make a sequel with rest of the Novels (or at least OVAs with the Aincrad side stories)
It's not like I didn't like the concept...I just think the first season would have been more profound left on it's own.

...Yes, Klein (:icony-u-noplz: Y U NO IMPORTANT?)

hm...is there a 3rd season? 0.o.....the site I watched it on only had 2 huh....
pedrocorreia Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
i really didn't mind, mostly because when they revelead that the relationship of Kirito and Asuna would be the main point, i totally accepted (specially because we don't see much romance in Shonen) and when Suguha steped in i was kinda worried but i think was a fairly well developed character and i liked the way she dealt with her emotions towards her Cousin/Onii-chan.

but Yes, :icony-u-noplz: Y U NO IMPORTANT KLEIN?!, i was hopping to see him the whole time! when Leafa told Kirito that it would take all species working together to overcome the Tower i was like :icony-u-noplz: KIRITO! Y U NO CALL YOUR BOYS?! I'M SURE KLEIN, EGIL, AND LIZBETH WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP YOU OUT MAN! SPECIALLY NOW THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE RISK OF DYING 4 REALZ! CALL YOUR DUDES!

there's no third season (hopefully it turns into a "Yet"), but the Novels continue after the end of "Tinker-Bell" Arc, not only that, it also have some stuff that were skipped in the Anime, which were mostly side stories and other events that took place while Kirito and Asuna were still trapped in SAO.
Hm, I guess. I dunno, I personally think they should have given her an episode or two to herself. I mean she was promising when they introduced her, a strong, potent, independent character who doesn't give a crap....and then she meets Kirito....and becomes cling-on who keeps needing his help. I mean at least give her decent battle footage. We didn't get much exposition on Asuna either, but we got really good character development, just watching her fight.

lol I know right? I see him go to Egil and I got excited (cuz by now I'd totally settle for cameos) but NO! NO KLEIN!...I mean jeez, if nothing else they could have done this faster (since they'd all have their character data from SAO to translate over and their stats would all the through the roof). If nothing else they could have just hammered their way into the tower! And why didn't Egil offer? He knew that 16 YEAR OLD BOY was going to use equipment that could FRY HIS BRAIN to save his girlfriend....doesn't the kid at least deserve like an hour or so of help?

ah I see...huh, I might check it out then if I can find it in English.

Props to Kayaba though...as a main villain, I actually like him.
pedrocorreia Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I don't think she got too dependent on Kirito, after all she could hold her own in a fight and saved his Ass as many times as he saved her. (before part 2)

Well, one could argue that there was no way to confirm that that ws in fact Asuna, after all, all he had was a blurry image to take as lead. it was only when they were close enough that Yui could locate Asuna's ID and make sure it was her.
But damn, i wanted Klein There. he could just be the "Speedwagon" of SAO that i would still have liked it!

i got 'em all in english. want the link?

yeah, Kayaba was a cool villain, Sugou's best scene on the other hand was when he got his ass whooped by Kirito and chopped to bits. (or should i say BYTES! XD)
Asuna did. Leafa/AKA Suguha was....not to strong. Like, she backed him up and got him to speed with how the game worked, but she really didn't so much other than follow him around and heal him some.

Well no, but as a friend, wouldn't it be a good idea to tag along for a hour or two anyways just incase you need to 1) help him, 2) control his wild goose chase?
lol I know right! at least before, we got cameos, but in Alfheim? Nothing, nada, zilch, NAI!

Oh really? that'd be awesome XD!!!!

Yeah, textbook case of your twisted, crazy father figure....Sugou didn't deserve his screen time. I LAUGHED when Kirito logged in as HeathCliff and changed him to level 1
Add a Comment: