Okay, So I've Never seen the movie,"Spirit"...

Apparently it was one of those movies that I would've loved back in my childhood, but I was more into wolves, so I was busy watching balto. so, for everyone who's seen it, should I watch it? And is it any good?

The full movie title is:
Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron.
Comments49
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i love it a lot its as good as The Lion King to me
Is that the horse movie?

I don't like horses
Alright and it really does a lot of interesting things done well. It's nothing extremely special though.
I thought it was ok when I saw it.
that was one of my top most fav childhood movies i've ever watched,not only is it memorable,but also,watching it at that time (which was so many years ago) i learned a very good moral from the story,that not everyone is cut out to fit in the conventional ways of the human society/culture,some humans and animals are born to and meant to be wild and free,and nothing can change that wild nature but only love,respect and friendship.YOu should definitely watch it,its a great movie!
I just saw it today after I heard a review from Doug Walker aka Nostalgia Critic

It's one of my favorite animated films now. I like atmospheric films with simple yet effective story. The animals not talking is terrific, especially since there is no annoying sidekick characters like in Balto, sorry.

It's basically Bambi, but with cool chase scenes, a better developed main character and an explosion, basically a better film. :D well at least a better film to me.
It's a lovely movie :)
It was one of those dreamworks
films that was really trying to show off its supposedly superior animation. (I guess right before the 2d animation thing when bye bye?) The story's spread a little thin, and the music is kind of corny. I guess the overall message of being a free spirit that can't be broken by any circumstances is pretty cool, but it just comes off like its trying to be cool or something and kind of annoys me.
I know I saw it once a long time ago, and I honestly don't remember a thing about it.
It's okay. The animation is pretty good, but the story is a little sad in parts.
The only thing I remember about it is a terrible Bryan Adams song
But I think the movie's alright.
omg how dare you,that song wasn't terrible,and it matched perfectly good w/ the scene. :bucktooth: "i'll fly like an eagle *sumthn sumthng*" you'll only have to be heartless to call that terrible :bleh:
I think we're thinking of a different song.
I meant the one that goes "Here I am.. This is me... "

Though that probably won't change anything.
[link]
This one.

Now I can't get it out of my head. =(
Spirit was a pretty awesome take of this type of story(which most of the time is made as a live action movie), I don't know how people can call this a crappy movie sigh.
People call this movie crappy?
supposedly, in this thread anyway.
okay, ima just watch it.
Yea, It's pretty awesome, you'll like it I'm sure.
kay im try it out
It's sad. And awesome. And Hans Zimmer does the soundtrack.
I didn't know about it for the longest, I got it as a free movie but I still felt undecided to watch it. until I had ran out of things to watch and I was like if I didn't like it I could just stop it. but I watched it and wondered why I didn't watch it earlier. the soundtrack is amazing too along with the movie. I'm a big time animation fan and there's really nothing I won't watch, once I get the time that is :D