Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Guilty Crown and Sword Art Online, brilliant or pure BS?

:icontemojikato:
Temojikato Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've put this up as my journal already, but I want people to tell me what they think about it and why, 'cuz I just can't seem to understand:

So, I've been doing some research about if there'd be any upcoming season on SAO.
I came back with some .. Well, some information which really.. idk.. hit me?
I've been reading comments and PoV's from anime-watchers stating that:
1. Guilty Crown is the worst anime ever
2. SAO might beat Guilty Crown to it

Now.. My reaction to it would be;
1. Guilty crown is F**KING awesome! I loved this series and when it had ended I've been walking around with a weird feeling in my stomach throughout the whole weekend, it's impact was that big.
2. SAO had replaced GC on my #1, it's my new fave, but still people are calling it crap.. Am I such an idiot then? Sure it could've been a bit broader, but hey, it's ridiculously awesome in my opinion, and I just love Asuna tbh.. I think the way they made the anime center around their love and with Kirito going through ALO.. Well.. Ugh, idk.. It might've had a bigger impact on me than GC I guess..

What I'm trying to say is.. I don't agree with those people and I just hope a new SAO season will come, as GC has been closed off entirely.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
They both seem just as lame as each other. I know a little more about SAO, in that I know there's some incest implications in there, which ain't exactly making me want to find out more about it.
Temojikato Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, as far as the incest goes, it's just kirigaya's sister, who isn't really his sister, who's in love with him.. Nothing ain't happening at all'cuz he loves Asuna, but besides that.. You don't know any actual plots and so on and still call it lame? or..?
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's still there, isn't it? Like, from what I can tell, the writers are just making every female character fall in love with the protagonist, no matter how creepy the implications.

Well, I know it's kinda like a shittier .Hack, if that helps. :hmm:
Temojikato Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you see it that way, no reason for me to argue with it is there. In any case, thanks for replying! :)
Haven't seen .Hack btw, so can't say anything 'bout that.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student General Artist
Both animes were alright. I wouldn't say they were brilliant (the Ghost in the Shell series holds that title) but they weren't bad, certainly not as bad as some are making it out to be.

But people are entitled to their own opinions. If you like something, don't worry about it.
Of course, I know that, I just didn't understand why people'd think they were THAT bad.. Other than that I respect each and everyone's opinion, I was just curious. Thanks for the reply mate ^^ Don't know Ghost in the Shell tbh.. I know a lot of anime's, but.. :/ I might check it out soon
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
I was one of the animes that inspired first Matrix movie. Akira was the second, which is also pretty good.
Temojikato Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I see, well, I'll check 'em out anytime soon then, thnks! :)
:iconaricania:
Aricania Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I think SAO is amazing. The premise of the idea is great. I'm not sure I like how the Anime turned out. I had found SAO a while before the anime came out-thus I read the novels. Those were definitely amazing though. Uh, as for Guilty Crown, haven't seen it so I can't say anything about that.
First of all thanks for reacting ^^

I'm glad you think so too and yeah I think they were too hasty to finish it. Prolly 'cuz of the budget, but it was a shame it had to be cut short like this, either way I still find it an amazing anime and I'll never forget it. ;p As far as the novels are concerned, when it's official that SAO won't continue as anime, I'll read all of the novels, o'wise I'll wait a bit more! As for GC.. Well.. Check it out then, I found it an AMAZING anime really.. ^^
Add a Comment: