They've remade The Towering Inferno......

The Tower trailer: [link]

The Towering Inferno trailer: [link]

39 years after it was released in theaters, Irwin Allen's "Magus Opus", The Towering Inferno is being REMADE......NOT IN HOLLYWOOD......BUT RATHER IN SOUTH KOREA as "The Tower"......

First we got "Poseidon" in 2006 and NOW THIS?...... :iconfacepalmplz:

It was released in the US with English subtitles yesterday in select cities, my hometown, San Jose not among them.....I DON'T KNOW if this is a BLESSING OR a CRUSE...:shrug:

For ALL I KNOW, it's NOT A REMAKE, BUT RATHER an ADAPTATION of one of the two books "Towering Inferno" is BASED ON, in this case "The Tower" by Richard Martin Stern [link]

Anyone's thoughts on The Towering Inferno & it's remake? :hmm:
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm more upset that they've remade Carrie. For the second time. When the first movie was perfectly fine.

Also, they did basically the same thing with True Grit, only not out of a foreign country. The remake/new adaptation was just fine, and some will even argue it was better than the original.
Yeah, this new one can't possibly be as good because Steve McQueen and all those other legendary actors in it, but that doesn't automatically make it bad. I'm guessing it will just be lost in mediocrity.
Yeah, I think I'll wait to see what they did with Towering Inferno when they release The Tower on DVD
It's a remake so it must be terrible by default, right
What do you mean by that? :hmm:
"It's a remake so it must be terrible by default, right"

not all re-makes are terrible
True, VERY TRUE ^^
Meh, I KINDA liked Poseidon ^^; NOT as a remake, BUT as it's own film