Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 72

What does a show need to be successful?

:icontsukubane:
Tsukubane Jan 12, 2013  Student Filmographer
What are some note-worthy shows that you like or love and what makes them so great? If I made a show how could I get it to that level or make it even better then those shows?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlupina24:
Lupina24 Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I think the first thing you should examine is your target audience. Who are they? Gender, age range, genre, interests, etc.

Examine and develop the story, series from the feedback of your audience.
Plot, Is it logical? Do the events or developments makes sense or connect together during the episode/series
What is the goal or aim for the series to accomplish?

Characters: Focus on different aspects or characters in order to develop them throughout the series
Focus on character interactions with a small group or team. shows like CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds and even My Little Pony, Malcolm in the Middle, are good examples.
:iconmonstermaster13:
monstermaster13 Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Recently i've been into Grimm, which I find to be really fascinating and their takes on fairy tales is really interesting - I like the modern spin they have on the classic stories. And the creatures themselves or "Wesen" as their called are very fascinating.
Tsukubane Feb 18, 2013  Student Filmographer
It's a not so classic retelling. It's better then most the only constraint is the continuity.
monstermaster13 Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Yeah...it's a modern take.
Tsukubane Feb 18, 2013  Student Filmographer
Overall I have no complaints
monstermaster13 Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Neither do I.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
it has to be stupid. like mind nummingly stupid. repedative and more then likely flash based.

that's why Young Justice is dying but Johny Test lives on...
Tsukubane Feb 13, 2013  Student Filmographer
Johny test has a prozen formula. Young Justice is kinda sucky when it comes to story telling. The first season was great but now it broken up and the only reason I watch it is because i LOVE robin and superboy and the action and awesome look of it. The great stuff from the first season is pretty much gone as this point and if they dont get cancelled it might be better next season.

I'm guessing that is what your referring to. So I should make sure there is no story connecting each episode and to make obvious joke that are just painful to hear.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah season 2 is being rather random... but they seamed to have finaly gotten to the good part with the Reach issues and such.
Tsukubane Feb 17, 2013  Student Filmographer
Season one they had to prove themselves. Season two diplomat problems. The best part of was when the war ship was going to destroy the planet. Wait that's not important what is important is that there are evil aliens and they are doing nothing to stop them. Ben ten alien force knew what to do, Stop the aliens!
Add a Comment: