Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

The Truth About My Neighbor Totoro!!!!!

:icongloomypandabear:
GloomyPandaBear Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Totoro, means death. When the little girl in My Neighbor Totoro(don't remember her name :( ) runs away and they find her shoe, she actually drowned. Her sister finds the cat bus and they travel to the spirit world! It's based off of a Japanese Legend!!!! Don't believe me!? Okay!! My friend told me this!!! But ever since she told us(me and my art class buddies) about Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and it was true. Since then I don't question her knowledge! Seriously, I was shocked when I found this out! My childhood happiness, DESTROYED!!!!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondomnuwyrda:
DomnuWyrda Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Skurrrr. Learn to not trust everything you read, and if you're going to make a claim give us solid evidence.

Skurrrrr once more.
:iconcrimzonlogic:
CrimzonLogic Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
I thought that "totoro" meant troll...that's what they said it meant in the movie.
:icontenshi3d:
Tenshi3D Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Crackpot.
:icongamerdude500:
gamerdude500 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, I don't know much about this legend, but I don't think that Hayou Miyazaki would create a lovable children's movie based off of an old legend of someone drowning. Just doesn't make sense to me
:iconhallowpointpaws:
HallowpointPaws Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"Totoro" means chinchilla
:iconvvinterpaws:
vvinterpaws Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
i hope so
:iconwhocaresaboutthis:
whocaresaboutthis Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
totro would be the angle of death. they used the story of the two girls who drowned and ranaway. their mother died. its reall based off of subtle hints of death and old news stories and stuff.
vvinterpaws Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
i like ur icon
:iconwhocaresaboutthis:
whocaresaboutthis Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
i like yours
very colourful
vvinterpaws Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
aw thanks. yours is so.. flamable haha
:onfire: <-flame princess except she would be smiling... haha oh well. i tried. yours is still adorable!
Add a Comment: