Your Favorite Muppet and Why

Who doesn't love the muppets? I'm just curious to see what people like. My favorites are Statler and Waldorf, Dr. Teeth, and Sam the Eagle :)
Comments39
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Beaker. He made the world's most annoying noise hilarious :D
Swedish Chef, all the way. The only man who makes doughnuts with muffins and a rifle.
Rowlf always been my favorite since I was a kid!
So this list is a list of my top favorite "Muppets" in the Jim Henson Universe.

1. Kermit. (Love Jim Henson's Kermit best, but Steve Whitmire is a close second).
2. Miss Piggy. (Frank Oz is the one and only Miss Piggy to me).
3. Waldorf. (again Jim Henson's Waldorf is the best and funniest).
4. Statler. (Can't top Richard Hunt's performance).
5. Rizzo the Rat.
6. Gonzo. (Can''t have Rizzo without Gonzo!)
7. Swedish Chef. (Bort bort bort!)
8. Beaker. (Meep Meep Meep Meep!)
9. Animal. (Drum! Drum! Drum!)
10. Sam The Eagle. (To not have this muppet on anyone's list would be considered unamerican).
11. Pepe the Prawn. (Nothing like a little bit of diversity to spice this list up, okay.)
12. Clifford. (he's one groovy catfish)
13. Link Hogthrob. (Mon capitan. Jay Leno reminds me a bit of him actually).
14. Janice. (Like. For sure!)
15. Ludo. (Smell Bad! *roars*)
16. Cookie Monster. (Coookies! Nom nom nom nom nom!)
17. Count Von Count. (17! 17 Great Muppet Characters so far! Ah ha ha! *thunder clap*)
18. Lew Zealand. (I throw the fish away, and it comes back to me!)
19. Walter from the new Muppet movie. ("Am I Man or am I a Muppet?")
20. Baby Sinclair. ("Not the mama! Not the mama!")
21. Uncle Deadly. (Buwahahaha!)
22. Sweetums. (*growls*)
23. Rowlf. (*plays the piano*)
24. Scooter. (13 seconds to curtain)
Animal. He's a wild and crazy guy.
Kermit; he's just awesome.

I also love the Mneh mneh song! :dummy:
Kermit because he's so darn adorable and I love his eyes, and Rainbow connection just warms my heart. He also can be a bit snarky. I also really love Rowlf though!! His piano playing, laid back attitude, and witty little songs get me. Third fave would be Swedish chef cause...well let's face it, he's hilarious.
Swedish Chef.
"And now put the :iconchocolatebarplz: on the :iconmooseplz:"

Brilliance.
Dr. Teeth all the way. He's been my fave ever since I was a kid.
Runners up would probably be Floyd, Zoot, Rowlf, Sam the Eagle, and Swedish Chef. :)
YES!! I thought I was the only dr. Teeth fan :iconhigh-fiveplz: you get a high-five just for that :XD: and Floyd, Zoot, and Swedish chef are some of my runner ups too
Hell yeah, man. High-five right back at ya! :D
Animal. :D :iconanimalplz:

He's so funny and cute in Muppet Babies. :3

I like how he plays the drums.
that random bunny in "Muppets in Space" that gets his face slammed in the door by Miss Piggy had only a few seconds of screen time but is still stuck in my mind. I think that deserves some admiration.
That bunny, if that's the one I'm thinking of, then he's made a lot of random short appearances on other muppet movies
I've always been a fan of Animal and Beaker myself, those two are on opposite ends of the spectrum but there's just something about them I really adore.
Yeah, I see a lot of people get Animal tattoos just cuz he's great and who doesn't love beaker?
Gonzo, no contest. I love him for being weird. As a kid, he's the muppet that made me laugh the most. I think the adventurer in me also always admired how Gonzo enjoys danger (of course, as a child, I didn't realize that that's partially because Gonzo's a masochist, but anyway).

Runners up are Rizzo and Pepe. I like wisecrackers, and I like funny accents. Especially New York accents. Gonzo and Rizzo are among my favorite duos in fiction, if not my #1 favorite. And I also find Rizzo and Pepe amusing when they play off of each other. I strongly prefer the later Muppet movies, where Gonzo and Rizzo are a duo, to the earlier ones, where Gonzo is alone, or playing off of Kamila (nothing against her). Gonzo really doesn't feel complete to me without Rizzo.

Oh yes, and I cannot forget Statler and Waldorf! Others that stand out to me are Janice, Beeker, Beauregard, and the penguins.
Nice :) What I love about the muppet is there really is a complex and individual personality to each one even if they don't play a huge role in the show
YES!

Gonzo is a perfect example of that. He's known as the "weirdo," the joker who lives for the bizarre and outrageous. But Gonzo can pull off seriousness very well too, even well enough to play Charles Dickens. And he's quite smart (like a lot of funny/weird people in real life). He's good at being a weirdo because he has so many clever ideas, but he puts those ideas to more serious uses at times too (like narrating "A Christmas Carol," or utilizing the starfish in his pants to fight a pirate).
Yeah, Gonzo did make a really good Charles Dickens
Kermit. He sang Rainbow Connection. That is more than enough to garner my respect.