What was your favourite movie of 2012?

There were quite a few big ones this year... I'm always on the lookout for new good movies so I want you to tell me your favourite of 2012!!

I for my part can't really make up my mind.. there were so many I enjoyed... Looper was pretty badass though..
Comments332
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well I would say my favourite overall film that I loved most from last year was Skyfall, it was really amazing, it's way better than The Dark Knight Rises. It has a brilliant theme song (thank you Adele :D) and the story was very different from past Bond films, most of the film is set in the UK and there's the final stand-off in Scotland which come to think of it I've just realised that the first actor to play James Bond (Sean Connery) was Scottish. XD

The action was brilliant as well.
I personally think it's one of the best of the 007 series, it's beautifully shot. I also enjoyed Javier Bardem a lot. He certainly made for one of the more interesting Bond villains. I also like how all of the stunts were real, no CGI or special effects not even in the scene with the train crashing through the tunnel! Not many movies are made the old way like that anymore:D
Wreck it Ralph! That ending got me a little teary.
I'm not really a sucker for animation movies but this one received a lot of praise and many have recommended it to me on here. I might as well check it out sooner or later.
Animated movies are kinda my favorites, but this is one you can enjoy even without liking animations to much, especially if you played games as a kid!
Either The Hobbit or Life Of Pi...both were awesome.
I agree they both impressed me quite a bit.
I couldn't help but notice some apparent flaws with The Hobbit though: the story felt a little bloated with some unnecessary scenes here and there and while the added subplot made sense in explaining things the book left open I think jt stretched the movje to an uncomfortable length. Martin Freeman is a perfect fit for Bilbo though! Also the riddles scene was just epic!

As for Life of Pi: I was amazed by the sense of storytelling and the stunning visuals! The CGI work on the tiger was just incredible too. I'll make sure that I watch it again in 3D, I heard this movie makes excellent use of it!
I know what you mean about the Hobbit. It did feel like at points they stretched too little story over too much time, but I still enjoyed it overall.

And yeah, Life Of Pi is probably the only film I have seen yet that genuinely uses 3D well.:D
Haven't watched it yet but it got rave reviews and a lot of people on here have recommended it to me!
A great comedy for the entire family. :lol:
Hahaa japp zum totlachen der schinken:la:
Really enjoyed the Hobbit though it had some apparent flaws! I felt that the story was a bit bloated with some unnecessary scenes here and there and while the added subplot made sense in explaining things the book left open, it did stretch the movie to an uncomfortable length. I think Martin Freeman was a perfect fit for Bilbo though. Also the riddles scenes was just EPIC! Looking forward to the next one!
Les Miserables, The Dark Knight Rises, the Avengers, Looper, Skyfall, and Lincolin
I am always a little sceptical when it comes to musicals so I went in Les Misérables with mixed feelings and it blew me away! I didn't agree with all of the editing choices and camerawork but it was still an amazing experience! What really made this movie special though were the main cast's performances! Hugh Jackman did a brilliant job, as did Samantha Barks and Eddie Redmayne! The highlight of the movie however was Anne Hathaway! The single take of her singing "I dreamed a dream" was breathtakingly beautiful! She put so much emotion into her performance, I think she's gonna win the Oscar! Russell Crowe gave a great performance as well but I think he's a terrible singer:D

I enjoyed TDKR a lot! Especially Tom Hardy as Bane! However I think that overall the movie couldn't outrun TDK and Ledger's Joker who seemed just a little more interesting as a character to me. Still it was an awesome finish to a great trilogy!

The Avengers was awesome as well! Nice way of working all the characters together, giving each of them enough time and depth and at the same deliver great action!

Looper was one of the surprises of 2012. As I went in I knew next to nothing about the movie and that's why it blew me away even more! Such a witty plot and written so well! It had amazing action sequences as well as something for the mind to dwell on.

As for Skyfall: I personally think it's one of the best of the 007 series even though I think that the first act couldn't fully keep up with the last. I also enjoyed Javier Bardem a lot. He certainly made for one of the more interesting Bond villains. I also like how all of the stunts were real, no CGI or special effects not even in the scene with the train crashing through the tunnel! Not many movies are made the old way like that anymore:D

I just recently saw Lincoln and I think it was great. I knew that this movie would consist only of people talking but it managed to keep me interested and entertained. This speaks for great dialogue and writing as well as incredible directing! And of course Daniel Day-Lewis delivered a top notch performance!
I loved brave and les mis :heart:
I loved Les Misérables! I am always a little sceptical when it comes to musicals so I went in with mixed feelings and I was blown away! I didn't agree with all the camerawork and editing choices but that didn't take away from a great experience! What really made the movie stand out though were the performances by the main cast! Hugh Jackman did an amazing job as well as Samantha Barks and Eddie Redmayne! But Anne Hathaway... she totally owned the whole movie! The single take of her singing "I dreamed a dream" was breathtaking! She put all she's got in that performance and I'm pretty sure it will get her an Oscar! Russell Crowe is a terrible singer though!:D

As for Brave: I haven't seem it yet. I'm not really a sucker for animation movies but many have recommended this one. Might as well check it out.
I completely agree with everything you said :)

and brave is a bit more feminine, if you don't mind that but it is definitely the best animated this year.
my fav. movie in 2012 Oh My God :)

Waaah Bollywood!!! Haha I'm sorry I'm not really a sucker for those kinda movies:D
Magic Mike, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and last but not least Wreck-It Ralph!
You're the first one to bring up Magic Mike. I guess it's a good movie but to be honest I felt really weird watching it as a straight guy. Like at some scenes I was just sitting there being like: "Why am I watching sweaty guys dressed up as cops strip down to their thongs??!" I guess I'd be going totally bananas over this movie if I was a chick though:D The cast did give great performances though, especially Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum!

I loved Perks of Being a Wallflower! What a heartbreaking story and such amazing performances by the cast! Logan Lerman was really believable and put a lot of emotion in the character, Emma Watson did a good job as well but I think Ezra Miller was really outstanding in this!

Haven't seen Wreck-it Ralph yet. To be honest it doesn't look that interesting to me but many have recommended it so I might as well check it out.
out of all of the movies Perks of Being a Wallflower is my favorite movie of 2012!! i'm glad you thought it was an amazing movie as well :)