Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 331

What was your favourite movie of 2012?

:iconisdira:
isdira Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There were quite a few big ones this year... I'm always on the lookout for new good movies so I want you to tell me your favourite of 2012!!

I for my part can't really make up my mind.. there were so many I enjoyed... Looper was pretty badass though..

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconraccoon-rocketeer:
Raccoon-Rocketeer Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well I would say my favourite overall film that I loved most from last year was Skyfall, it was really amazing, it's way better than The Dark Knight Rises. It has a brilliant theme song (thank you Adele :D) and the story was very different from past Bond films, most of the film is set in the UK and there's the final stand-off in Scotland which come to think of it I've just realised that the first actor to play James Bond (Sean Connery) was Scottish. XD

The action was brilliant as well.
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I personally think it's one of the best of the 007 series, it's beautifully shot. I also enjoyed Javier Bardem a lot. He certainly made for one of the more interesting Bond villains. I also like how all of the stunts were real, no CGI or special effects not even in the scene with the train crashing through the tunnel! Not many movies are made the old way like that anymore:D
:iconartsenseiofdreams:
Artsenseiofdreams Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Wreck it Ralph! That ending got me a little teary.
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm not really a sucker for animation movies but this one received a lot of praise and many have recommended it to me on here. I might as well check it out sooner or later.
:iconartsenseiofdreams:
Artsenseiofdreams Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Animated movies are kinda my favorites, but this is one you can enjoy even without liking animations to much, especially if you played games as a kid!
:iconmarioluigi96:
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Either The Hobbit or Life Of Pi...both were awesome.
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I agree they both impressed me quite a bit.
I couldn't help but notice some apparent flaws with The Hobbit though: the story felt a little bloated with some unnecessary scenes here and there and while the added subplot made sense in explaining things the book left open I think jt stretched the movje to an uncomfortable length. Martin Freeman is a perfect fit for Bilbo though! Also the riddles scene was just epic!

As for Life of Pi: I was amazed by the sense of storytelling and the stunning visuals! The CGI work on the tiger was just incredible too. I'll make sure that I watch it again in 3D, I heard this movie makes excellent use of it!
:iconmarioluigi96:
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
I know what you mean about the Hobbit. It did feel like at points they stretched too little story over too much time, but I still enjoyed it overall.

And yeah, Life Of Pi is probably the only film I have seen yet that genuinely uses 3D well.:D
:iconeverlasting90:
Everlasting90 Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Paranorman!
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Haven't watched it yet but it got rave reviews and a lot of people on here have recommended it to me!
Add a Comment: