Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 331

What was your favourite movie of 2012?

:iconisdira:
isdira Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There were quite a few big ones this year... I'm always on the lookout for new good movies so I want you to tell me your favourite of 2012!!

I for my part can't really make up my mind.. there were so many I enjoyed... Looper was pretty badass though..

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrocketeer-raccoon:
Rocketeer-Raccoon Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well I would say my favourite overall film that I loved most from last year was Skyfall, it was really amazing, it's way better than The Dark Knight Rises. It has a brilliant theme song (thank you Adele :D) and the story was very different from past Bond films, most of the film is set in the UK and there's the final stand-off in Scotland which come to think of it I've just realised that the first actor to play James Bond (Sean Connery) was Scottish. XD

The action was brilliant as well.
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I personally think it's one of the best of the 007 series, it's beautifully shot. I also enjoyed Javier Bardem a lot. He certainly made for one of the more interesting Bond villains. I also like how all of the stunts were real, no CGI or special effects not even in the scene with the train crashing through the tunnel! Not many movies are made the old way like that anymore:D
:iconartsenseiofdreams:
Artsenseiofdreams Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student General Artist
Wreck it Ralph! That ending got me a little teary.
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm not really a sucker for animation movies but this one received a lot of praise and many have recommended it to me on here. I might as well check it out sooner or later.
:iconartsenseiofdreams:
Artsenseiofdreams Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Student General Artist
Animated movies are kinda my favorites, but this is one you can enjoy even without liking animations to much, especially if you played games as a kid!
:iconmarioluigi96:
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Either The Hobbit or Life Of Pi...both were awesome.
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I agree they both impressed me quite a bit.
I couldn't help but notice some apparent flaws with The Hobbit though: the story felt a little bloated with some unnecessary scenes here and there and while the added subplot made sense in explaining things the book left open I think jt stretched the movje to an uncomfortable length. Martin Freeman is a perfect fit for Bilbo though! Also the riddles scene was just epic!

As for Life of Pi: I was amazed by the sense of storytelling and the stunning visuals! The CGI work on the tiger was just incredible too. I'll make sure that I watch it again in 3D, I heard this movie makes excellent use of it!
:iconmarioluigi96:
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
I know what you mean about the Hobbit. It did feel like at points they stretched too little story over too much time, but I still enjoyed it overall.

And yeah, Life Of Pi is probably the only film I have seen yet that genuinely uses 3D well.:D
:iconeverlasting90:
Everlasting90 Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Paranorman!
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Haven't watched it yet but it got rave reviews and a lot of people on here have recommended it to me!
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
A great comedy for the entire family. :lol:
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hahaa japp zum totlachen der schinken:la:
:iconkimvanderveeke:
kimvanderveeke Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Photographer
Hobbit!
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Really enjoyed the Hobbit though it had some apparent flaws! I felt that the story was a bit bloated with some unnecessary scenes here and there and while the added subplot made sense in explaining things the book left open, it did stretch the movie to an uncomfortable length. I think Martin Freeman was a perfect fit for Bilbo though. Also the riddles scenes was just EPIC! Looking forward to the next one!
:iconhellsing-order:
Hellsing-Order Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Les Miserables, The Dark Knight Rises, the Avengers, Looper, Skyfall, and Lincolin
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am always a little sceptical when it comes to musicals so I went in Les MisÚrables with mixed feelings and it blew me away! I didn't agree with all of the editing choices and camerawork but it was still an amazing experience! What really made this movie special though were the main cast's performances! Hugh Jackman did a brilliant job, as did Samantha Barks and Eddie Redmayne! The highlight of the movie however was Anne Hathaway! The single take of her singing "I dreamed a dream" was breathtakingly beautiful! She put so much emotion into her performance, I think she's gonna win the Oscar! Russell Crowe gave a great performance as well but I think he's a terrible singer:D

I enjoyed TDKR a lot! Especially Tom Hardy as Bane! However I think that overall the movie couldn't outrun TDK and Ledger's Joker who seemed just a little more interesting as a character to me. Still it was an awesome finish to a great trilogy!

The Avengers was awesome as well! Nice way of working all the characters together, giving each of them enough time and depth and at the same deliver great action!

Looper was one of the surprises of 2012. As I went in I knew next to nothing about the movie and that's why it blew me away even more! Such a witty plot and written so well! It had amazing action sequences as well as something for the mind to dwell on.

As for Skyfall: I personally think it's one of the best of the 007 series even though I think that the first act couldn't fully keep up with the last. I also enjoyed Javier Bardem a lot. He certainly made for one of the more interesting Bond villains. I also like how all of the stunts were real, no CGI or special effects not even in the scene with the train crashing through the tunnel! Not many movies are made the old way like that anymore:D

I just recently saw Lincoln and I think it was great. I knew that this movie would consist only of people talking but it managed to keep me interested and entertained. This speaks for great dialogue and writing as well as incredible directing! And of course Daniel Day-Lewis delivered a top notch performance!
:iconcatderson:
catderson Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I loved brave and les mis :heart:
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I loved Les MisÚrables! I am always a little sceptical when it comes to musicals so I went in with mixed feelings and I was blown away! I didn't agree with all the camerawork and editing choices but that didn't take away from a great experience! What really made the movie stand out though were the performances by the main cast! Hugh Jackman did an amazing job as well as Samantha Barks and Eddie Redmayne! But Anne Hathaway... she totally owned the whole movie! The single take of her singing "I dreamed a dream" was breathtaking! She put all she's got in that performance and I'm pretty sure it will get her an Oscar! Russell Crowe is a terrible singer though!:D

As for Brave: I haven't seem it yet. I'm not really a sucker for animation movies but many have recommended this one. Might as well check it out.
:iconcatderson:
catderson Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I completely agree with everything you said :)

and brave is a bit more feminine, if you don't mind that but it is definitely the best animated this year.
:iconnitsingh:
nitsingh Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
my fav. movie in 2012 Oh My God :)

Waaah Bollywood!!! Haha I'm sorry I'm not really a sucker for those kinda movies:D
:iconcrystalstarlove:
Crystalstarlove Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Magic Mike, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and last but not least Wreck-It Ralph!
You're the first one to bring up Magic Mike. I guess it's a good movie but to be honest I felt really weird watching it as a straight guy. Like at some scenes I was just sitting there being like: "Why am I watching sweaty guys dressed up as cops strip down to their thongs??!" I guess I'd be going totally bananas over this movie if I was a chick though:D The cast did give great performances though, especially Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum!

I loved Perks of Being a Wallflower! What a heartbreaking story and such amazing performances by the cast! Logan Lerman was really believable and put a lot of emotion in the character, Emma Watson did a good job as well but I think Ezra Miller was really outstanding in this!

Haven't seen Wreck-it Ralph yet. To be honest it doesn't look that interesting to me but many have recommended it so I might as well check it out.
:iconcrystalstarlove:
Crystalstarlove Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
out of all of the movies Perks of Being a Wallflower is my favorite movie of 2012!! i'm glad you thought it was an amazing movie as well :)
:iconhmbrockz:
hmbrockz Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
the marvel avengers series, but out of the whole series, my fav 3 movies are thor, iron man, and of course the avengers
The Avengers was terrific! It did a good job at working all the characters together and giving each character enough depth and time to make the viewer care about each of them while at the same time delivering great action!
:iconaaliyah01:
Aaliyah01 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
The Avengers

Pitch Perfect
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Loved The Avengers! Nice way of working all the characters together while at the same time delivering great action!

Haven't seen Pitch Perfect yet and to be honest it doesn't really look like my cup of tea but it's been recommended to me many times so I might as well check it out
:iconneinman:
Neinman Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
paranorman. It took a smart brave direction instead of staying safe with oh this is bad and this is good we must stop bad. It makes you see differently
isdira Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm I've seen this one on many top ten lists for this year and people have been recommending it to me a lot on here too, so I guess I'll have to check it out soon!
:icontimeristic:
Timeristic Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The Avengers :)
The Avengers was amazing! Nice way of working all the characters together while at the same time delivering great action!
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Professional Artist
Cannot decide between ParaNorman, Brave, and Avengers.
Haven't seen ParaNorman and Brave yet though I've heard quite a lot of good stuff about them. The Avengers was awesome though! Nice way of working all the characters together while delivering great action at the same time!
:iconnotoriousakber:
NotoriousAkber Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
SINISTER
I've heard quite good stuff about Sinister! I'm always really sceptical when it comes to horror flicks though.. dunno maybe I've seen too many bad ones:D
:iconnotoriousakber:
NotoriousAkber Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It has its scary moments and its stupid nonsense moments. Overall i liked it cuz the antagonist was scary as hell.
:iconkulcsararmand:
KulcsarArmand Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
"Wrath of the Titans" is best movie for me.

Hmm well, I personally think it was a little soulless and basically just a sequence of special effects shots. I mean if you're looking for just mindless action this film will propably be just fine.
:iconagentimagination22:
AgentImagination22 Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Student Writer
Oh! Brave too, that was an epic movie.
Haha I haven't seen any of those movies.. I'm not really a sucker for animation movies but I've heard a lot of good stuff about ROTG and Brave! Might as well check them out!
:iconagentimagination22:
AgentImagination22 Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Student Writer
Rise Of The Guardians, Wreck It Ralph, and Madagascar 3.
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
in no order:

End of Watch
Hobbit
Avengers
Dark Knight Rises
You're the first one to mention End of Watch! I personally think it was one of the best movies of 2012! I think the handheld camera/ found footage narrative is kinda overused in movies these days but it worked surprisingly well in this one (in Chronicle as well)!

I really enjoyed The Hobbit even though it has some apparent flaws. The story felt a little bloated and I think the added subplot while it made sense in explaining things the book left open stretched the movie to an uncomfortable length. Anyways I think Martin Freeman is a perfect fit for Bilbo! Also the riddles scene was just EPIC! Totally looking forward for the second one!:)

The Avengers was amazing as well! Nice way of working all the characters together while at the same time delivering great action!

TDKR would definately be on my 2012 favourites list! I enjoyed it a lot, especially Tom Hardy's performance as Bane! Overall though I think the movie couldn't outrun TDK and Ledger's Joker who seemed just as a character a bit more interesting to me. Still I think it was a worthy finish to the epic series!
:iconragin227:
ragin227 Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
I haven't read the book, but I loved the Hobbit, the acting and set and EVERYTHING was terrific. (as expected of Peter Jackson) I also liked Rise of the Guardians, the animation was beautiful. I don't think its gotten a lot of attention though
I really enjoyed The Hobbit even though it has some apparent flaws. The story felt a little bloated and I think the added subplot while it made sense in explaining things the book left open stretched the movie to an uncomfortable length. Anyways I think Martin Freeman is a perfect fit for Bilbo! Also the riddles scene was just EPIC! Totally looking forward for the second one!:)

I'm not really a sucker for animation movies but I've heard a lot of good things about ROTG. I might as well check it out..
:iconblueangel0:
blueangel0 Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist
hm, I can't choose one :D

but top three :D

1. Fast Five
2. Untouchables
3. Argo

Haven't seen any of those yet though I really want to see Argo! I admire Ben Affleck's previous work as a director and I've only heard good stuff about this one.
:iconblueangel0:
blueangel0 Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist
Argo is definitely one of the best movies I ever watched ;) untouchables too :D

and for the fast five :D well, I've always been a huge fast and furious fan :D
:iconsallysfunnykiss:
SallysFunnyKiss Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student Digital Artist
The Hobbit- it was the only one I saw. I wanted to go see Wreck-It Ralph but noooooo. Hopefully Disney will allow Netflix to stream it soon.
Add a Comment: