Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 26

Looking for fantasy films like The Lord of The Rings & The Hobbit, any suggestions?

:iconaeronauticalrr:
I've recently seen The Hobbit in theaters with my family and have begun to watch the original LOTR trilogy on DVD (All I have left to watch is "Return of The King") and I was wonder if there are any good fantasy films ASIDE FROM HARRY POTTER AND NARNIA out there that evoke a similar feeling or tone.

Live-Action AND Animated films are welcome as suggestions and also just wondering, Is "The Last Unicorn" worth the watch? :hmm:

Please leave suggestions below

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsandrorybak:
SandroRybak Dec 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Legend was a really great film.

About the last unicorn, i don't like it at all
:iconzoltor:
Willow Dungeons & Dragons Beast Master The Dark Crystal Red sojna Krull These should keep you entertained for awhile.
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Dec 27, 2012  Student Artist
Yeah, Labyrinth is near and dear to my heart, and I'll gladly recommend that until the day I die. :heart: I'll also throw out Wizards, even though it's really, really weird. Finally, there's the absolutely so bad it's incredible Dungeons and Dragons movie, just in case you need a laugh.
Yeah, I heard about the D&D movie from the Nostalgia Critic's review of it. GOD JEREMY IRONS IS AWESOME AS PROFION (I think that's how you spell it) BUT ISN'T HE ALWAYS? :D

Yeah, Wizards was made by Ralph Bahski, who made the 1978 animated adaptation of LOTR...I have wanted to see both films as I feel he is much like his commentary Don Bluth, both animators whose works, masterpieces in their own right, have sadly been forgotten by the public...
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Dec 28, 2012  Student Artist
:lol: Glad you know of it in some form or another.

And definitely. While I do see why a lot of his animations are unknown or ignored by most, I feel that Wizards definitely deserved a better run than it did.
:iconmr-timeshadow:
The Secret of Kells is sort of fantasy and sort of realistic, but very creative. And that damn song halfway through is still stuck in my head...
I second Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, , and would throw in The Secret of NIMH.
Okay, I'll take a look ^^
:iconmr-timeshadow:
They're sort of tangential to your request, but the best I could do. They all have fantasy overtones, though, and each is very different from the others, so even if you watch them back-to-back, it shouldn't be boring...
:iconaspacecowboy:
The Dark Crystal, and Willow.
I REALLY WANT to see those two! Along with The Princess Bride & Labyrinth, they are the DEFINITIVE 1980's Fantasy Films
Add a Comment: