Why people hate Doctor Who

Doctor Who, the longest running sci-fi show in the world! I personally am a hardcore fan of new who and classic who. Like all the doctors (Well, maybe not 6 and 7 really) but all the doctor s have at least one good things about them. But anyway, there are 3 types of people in doctor who, hardcore fans, haters and people who don't know what it is.
So I'd like to hear why the haters hate it- You have to have at least seen 2 full episodes.
Personally, I think Doctor Who is the most brilliant TV show ever created, it has sci-fi, drama, mystery, action, great music, and so many things. But other people don't like it at all for some insane reason that your suppose to write below this-
Comments98
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There are haters that LOVE to hate on something and then people that simply don't care for the show.

I've seen about 15 episodes, and I couldn't follow it whatsoever. Overall it just doesn't suit my tastes.
I think one problem people have with Doctor Who is that it takes itself too seriously at times. While I don't mind the drama and angst in the new series, it's best when its completely campy.
I just find it "all right", and can see why people like it or dislike it. I'll watch it every now and then and appreciate it, but can't get really into it. I guess sci-fi isn't my thing? Or the fact that my friend made me watch all the 9 and the first few 10 episodes in a span of like 3 days. Kind of overdid it a bit. I couldn't get into it enough to do a marathon.

I can't say I've ever met anyone who hates it XD
I'm friends with people who really like the show, though it's not really something I'd get into. Maybe one of these days I'll give it a try.
I heard that in the course of almost 60 years they ran out of ideas and the doctor himself is a Gary Stu.
I watched 42, Blink and Sound of the Drums and then just stopped. I don't know why I stopped to be honest, Blink was amazing although scary. I guess I found some element of dullness in the other two, I just can't be bothered watching Doctor Who. I can't say I'm a hater though.
I regret not discovering Doctor Who when I was younger. :(
I love Doctor Who. But I hate the whole combination of the doctor, sonic screwdriver and the tardis-can-do-anything team because it renders any actual sense of danger in the show pointless because it's the doctor he doesn't have any limits he always ends up saving everyone. Other than that it's great.
It's a kids show.
Have you not seen "Blink"?
Does people covering their eyes then making scary faces when you look again make something not for kids? Because I thought people usually do that to babies.
Horror is subjective, chief... Although that's an amusing way to think of it. :paranoid:
The horror genre is not limited by age either, guy-who-has-a-Slappy-the-dummy-from-Goosebumps-looking-thing-for-an-icon.
That's not Slappy, girl-with-sword-fighting-fox-thing-for-an-icon. :B
Doesn't look like anything that'll interest me.
But then I've been watching Doctor Who for over 30yrs and had to go through the hell of NO DOCTOR WHO FOR ALMOST 18YRS! It was hell I tell you!!
I feel sorry for people who have never known the magic of Doctor Who. I also find that people with no imagination don't like it. They are not worth speaking to.
Because it's too nerdy, I suppose. My opinion is neutral since I only saw the ending of one episode.
I a friend who's really into it. I've considered watching the show because he says it's fucking awesome, but I haven't yet. Maybe one day...
I neevr watched this show and I honestly don't have much of an interest in doing so partly due to the INSANE fans who started calling me the biggest idiot to ever live because I said it didn't look appealing. maybe I would have watched it one day but the fanbase destroyed the idea.
I have a friend who's a hardcore Whovian as well, but I never got into Doctor Who. I guess the strong continuity and length of the franchise as a whole put me off.
Funny, that's what ultimately got me into it. I love franchises with extensive material. It means more to explore and to enjoy.
I watched it when it first made a come back then I kind of lost interest in it. I don't hate it though.