Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 97

Why people hate Doctor Who

:iconsalvadorsam:
salvadorsam Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Doctor Who, the longest running sci-fi show in the world! I personally am a hardcore fan of new who and classic who. Like all the doctors (Well, maybe not 6 and 7 really) but all the doctor s have at least one good things about them. But anyway, there are 3 types of people in doctor who, hardcore fans, haters and people who don't know what it is.
So I'd like to hear why the haters hate it- You have to have at least seen 2 full episodes.
Personally, I think Doctor Who is the most brilliant TV show ever created, it has sci-fi, drama, mystery, action, great music, and so many things. But other people don't like it at all for some insane reason that your suppose to write below this-

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrocketslugrockscp:
rocketslugrockscp Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
My dad hates it!!
:iconwatchherfly:
WatchHerFly Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
There are haters that LOVE to hate on something and then people that simply don't care for the show.

I've seen about 15 episodes, and I couldn't follow it whatsoever. Overall it just doesn't suit my tastes.
:icongrandmasteremporer:
GrandMasterEmporer Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I think one problem people have with Doctor Who is that it takes itself too seriously at times. While I don't mind the drama and angst in the new series, it's best when its completely campy.
:iconmagnifulouschicken:
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I just find it "all right", and can see why people like it or dislike it. I'll watch it every now and then and appreciate it, but can't get really into it. I guess sci-fi isn't my thing? Or the fact that my friend made me watch all the 9 and the first few 10 episodes in a span of like 3 days. Kind of overdid it a bit. I couldn't get into it enough to do a marathon.

I can't say I've ever met anyone who hates it XD
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm friends with people who really like the show, though it's not really something I'd get into. Maybe one of these days I'll give it a try.
:iconskyfire2008:
SkyFire2008 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I heard that in the course of almost 60 years they ran out of ideas and the doctor himself is a Gary Stu.
:iconmangagirl1603:
mangagirl1603 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I watched 42, Blink and Sound of the Drums and then just stopped. I don't know why I stopped to be honest, Blink was amazing although scary. I guess I found some element of dullness in the other two, I just can't be bothered watching Doctor Who. I can't say I'm a hater though.
:icondannimondesigns:
DannimonDesigns Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I regret not discovering Doctor Who when I was younger. :(
:iconladystrider:
ladystrider Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I love Doctor Who. But I hate the whole combination of the doctor, sonic screwdriver and the tardis-can-do-anything team because it renders any actual sense of danger in the show pointless because it's the doctor he doesn't have any limits he always ends up saving everyone. Other than that it's great.
:iconpandadrake:
Pandadrake Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
It's a kids show.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Have you not seen "Blink"?
Pandadrake Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Does people covering their eyes then making scary faces when you look again make something not for kids? Because I thought people usually do that to babies.
Vanhir Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Horror is subjective, chief... Although that's an amusing way to think of it. :paranoid:
Pandadrake Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
The horror genre is not limited by age either, guy-who-has-a-Slappy-the-dummy-from-Goosebumps-looking-thing-for-an-icon.
Vanhir Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
That's not Slappy, girl-with-sword-fighting-fox-thing-for-an-icon. :B
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Doesn't look like anything that'll interest me.
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
But then I've been watching Doctor Who for over 30yrs and had to go through the hell of NO DOCTOR WHO FOR ALMOST 18YRS! It was hell I tell you!!
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I feel sorry for people who have never known the magic of Doctor Who. I also find that people with no imagination don't like it. They are not worth speaking to.
:iconnokapiplz:
NOKAPIplz Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Because it's too nerdy, I suppose. My opinion is neutral since I only saw the ending of one episode.
:icongregoryorizal:
GregoryOrizal Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist
I a friend who's really into it. I've considered watching the show because he says it's fucking awesome, but I haven't yet. Maybe one day...
:iconlady-warrior:
lady-warrior Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I neevr watched this show and I honestly don't have much of an interest in doing so partly due to the INSANE fans who started calling me the biggest idiot to ever live because I said it didn't look appealing. maybe I would have watched it one day but the fanbase destroyed the idea.
:iconmintaka-tk:
Mintaka-TK Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I have a friend who's a hardcore Whovian as well, but I never got into Doctor Who. I guess the strong continuity and length of the franchise as a whole put me off.
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Funny, that's what ultimately got me into it. I love franchises with extensive material. It means more to explore and to enjoy.
:iconthisomessedup:
ThISoMessedUp Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I watched it when it first made a come back then I kind of lost interest in it. I don't hate it though.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I can't get into it.. kind of boring for me but I don't hate it. :shrug:
:iconkworking:
kworking Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't care much for Doctor who. I like Sherlock because it really makes me think. But I can completely understand why some people like it or LOVE it because it's totally fun and full of action. :) I'm more of a firefly or Dexter person though. :)
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Writer
I couldn't finish one episode of doctor who, I don't hate it, I have no interest in it. people are die hard fans of it but I just don't care for it.
:iconkaikaku:
kaikaku Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's cheesy as heck. When I started watching it I thought that there was no possible way I'd be able to deal with the near-lethal levels of campy cheese. It was like watching a string of B-movies with rough character continuity.

Then something happened and it infected my brain and nowicantstopwatchinggoodnesshelpme

I started with nine and now I'm nearing the end of ten and looking forward to eleven and thinking of going back and watching four (which I've only seen little bits of when I was a kid). So yeah. Crazy. O_o
:iconmikepav:
mikepav Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
campy and tedious

i didn't mind the spinoff series, Torchwood, but i just can't get into the series itself.
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
So says someone who likes the crap Simpsons.

I find the Simpsons crap tedious and boring.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Hardcore whovian, you say, who can't take a critic?
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I like StarCraft II, Command and Conquer 3, Planetside 2, and Pokemon.
:iconsluttyprince:
Sluttyprince Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
The new Simpson episodes are crap and boring. I liked the old ones. ;n;
:iconprojectsonic:
projectsonic Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012   Writer
>Implying he was talking to you
>Implying Simpsons have anything to do with this
>Implying he can't take an opinion like you apparently can't

inb4 someone thinks I'm a member of the Sonic fandom.
:iconcelestialdrake:
CelestialDrake Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Someone is :iconbutthurtplz:
:iconmegstiel:
megstiel Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
You are a member of :icongamegirlsgonewild:, I will not take anything you say seriously. :lol:
And you like shitcraft er Minecraft and Crap Of Duty so I can't take anything you say seriously.

Imagine liking Cash Cow Of Duty.
:iconponyfluff:
ponyfluff Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
God forbid someone like something you don't. After all, your words and interests must be liked by everybody, O Great One.
megstiel Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
I do not like CoD silly, where'd you get that?
Er I got that from YOUR profile.

And I quote from your list of interests:

Favorite games TF2, Minecraft, Ace Attorney, CoD

Now CoD usually means Call Of Duty.

I rest my case!
megstiel Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
Well I haven't updated that since I was 13 so that's why. :lol:

It's just something I play with my brother because we don't really have anything else that bonds us. :shrug:
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Of course the modern Simpsons is tedious and boring (if that's what you were referring to).
:icondustafterrain10-1:
DustAfterRain10-1 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
The older ones aren't as good quality though, as the technology has gotten better and things can be made in hd now. It would be nice if they remastered the old ones
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
That really seems unnecessary to be honest. We have the old Simpsons seasons on DVD, and that's good enough. If you really want to improve the quality of the video, then those old seasons should be put on Blueray.
:icondustafterrain10-1:
DustAfterRain10-1 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
That would work too
:iconmikepav:
mikepav Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
i didn't ask you what you thought of the simpsons...
Yeah and I didn't ask what you thought of Doctor Who.
:iconobligatorydigger:
obligatorydigger Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
What a vapid cunt you are
:iconbi0terr0r:
BI0TERR0R Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
So then why did you come to this fourm?

I hate doctor who because of its following, good job representing your fandom.
:icon647055:
647055 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
yeah you really didnt
the original thread basically left it open to discussion
Add a Comment: